1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pre runner shocks

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by DrunkenDangler, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Jun 9, 2011 at 8:13 PM
    DrunkenDangler

DrunkenDangler [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    AL
    Vehicle:
    2005 5 lug access cab
    fat bob lift
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Jun 9, 2011 at 8:17 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Wouldn't be my first choice for a lift shock, or off road shock. Don't know your budget, or what you're looking for sooooooooo, do tell.

3. Jun 9, 2011 at 8:22 PM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    If the front struts are for a prerunner then they won't fit on a 5-lug. Only the rear shocks for a 4wd or prerunner will fit on a lifted 5-lug. As far as brands of shocks/struts, most go with Bilstein HD series. I haven't tried any other brands on my truck so I can't really say. I think my father has monroe sensatracs on his stock 5-lug and he seems to like them alright.

Products Discussed in

To Top