Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Does anyone love their 5 lug just the way it is?

Old 06-11-2011, 05:02 AM   #1
ScottyDaug is on a distinguished road
ScottyDaug's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone love their 5 lug just the way it is?

I have noticed that most threads are about modding, or customizing their 5 lug. Mine is bone stock, and I still love it. I love the simple, efficient, work truck feel, and look of it. Plus I'm getting around 30 MPG in its stock form. I love it just the way it is.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #2
o5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant future
Name: Tim
o5iiawah's Tacoma Gallery
You're not alone. I love my 2011 AC 2.7 5-lug.

I love my tacoma for its economy. I'd be broke if I sunk $8k worth of mods into it and got 16mpg with the amount that I drive.

It does everything I ask it to do. Haul sod and logs - carry my tools, camping gear when I get together with my buddies
Old 06-12-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I was extremely happy with mine. Then I found Tacoma World.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:02 PM   #4
07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
07regtacoman's Tacoma Gallery
If its a manual ,a urd short shifter is a must.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:15 PM   #5
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
I love mine Stock, I have no desire for a lift/ bigger tires, my truck was built for fuel economy and hauling stuff. No frills here, manual windows, manual locks, manual transmission, reg cab and 4x2!! It does what it was designed to do VERY well and I'm extremely happy with the power of the 2.7L paired with a manual transmission. Simplicity means less maintenance and less stuff to break!! I don't buy trucks to show off.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #6
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
No! Ugly ass little tires and NO off road capabilities... Now throw on Fat Bob's lift and 31's and you have nice look and decent off road capabilities, yes my truck is no mall crawl poser!
Old 06-12-2011, 08:40 PM   #7
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
I was extremely happy with mine. Then I found Tacoma World.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:51 PM   #8
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 5 lug for a work truck. It belongs to my employer, but I do enjoy driving it almost as much as my 4x4 v6. They are two completely different trucks, but each has it's function. Other than the weak rear springs, the 5 lug really holds it's own. Easy to park, sufficient power on the highway, and comfortable enough to drive for a few hours at a time.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:01 PM   #9
Ghoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Retired
Ghoster's Tacoma Gallery
I just got mine, and I love it! I got it mainly as an extra vehicle. I have a Tahoe, but its too big to drive in and around Baltimore. So I got this little truck for its utility and simplicity. I must admit that I am finding it very difficult to NOT buy things for it.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #10
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyDaug View Post
I have noticed that most threads are about modding, or customizing their 5 lug. Mine is bone stock, and I still love it. I love the simple, efficient, work truck feel, and look of it. Plus I'm getting around 30 MPG in its stock form. I love it just the way it is.
My neighbor's still driving his 90 or similar vintage.

Hasn't changed a thing except for a bedliner and a minor rear-fender-dent-mod.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #11
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
I like it stock, but is difficult for me to keep it stock when you can see the potential it has in looks with just a couple of things. I haven't done much to mine and for me it looks way better than stock, its not overdone and it still has a stock-ish look/feel to it.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:22 AM   #12
scott572011 is a jewel in the roughscott572011 is a jewel in the roughscott572011 is a jewel in the roughscott572011 is a jewel in the rough

Name: SCOTT
scott572011's Tacoma Gallery
THAT`S WHAT I SAID!!!!!.

sounds like me, little less than 1yr ago!. then i stumbled upon (TW) tacomaworld.com!!!!!!!!!!!!..oh you can say i luv my 5lugger just the way she is right now all you want!. you`ll see ,starts with a few cheap mods, before you know it. wheels, tires, lifts! not necessarily in that order but still you will see!!. HAVE FUN!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone love their 5 lug just the way it is?-side-view-w-r-door-open..jpg   Does anyone love their 5 lug just the way it is?-side-view.jpg   Does anyone love their 5 lug just the way it is?-new-2010-taco-theme..jpg   Does anyone love their 5 lug just the way it is?-coast-perferance.jpg   Does anyone love their 5 lug just the way it is?-garage-shot-dr-side-rear-front.jpg  

Does anyone love their 5 lug just the way it is?-mo-taco..jpg  
Old 06-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #14
FLYNN LIVES!
7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter Armament Mechanic
7A7ER's Tacoma Gallery
NOPE!
Old 06-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #15
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
I will when I am done with it.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #16
Understand the Voice Within
91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
91r100gs's Tacoma Gallery
The only thing I plan on doing is a set of alloys when the stock tires need replacing. That will be next summer or fall. The damn things just wont wear out. 43K and 3 years of driving, still lots of tread left. I just dont waste money.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:57 PM   #17
Public Servant Enemy #1
ISUGrad05 is on a distinguished road

ISUGrad05's Tacoma Gallery
Same here. Love the fuel economy, but hate the wheels. Eventually I'll find the tires and wheels I like. But with only 9000 miles i got a lot of tread left on the stock tires. Only suspension mod I'm thinking of doing is rear air bags to beef up the payload.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:04 PM   #18
Public Servant Enemy #1
ISUGrad05 is on a distinguished road

ISUGrad05's Tacoma Gallery
I also think its funny that my buddy was excited he got an all time best 20.5 mpg with his new F150, then i showed him my Fuelly profile. Asked why I got a 4x2 4 cylinder and if i could tow anything. I replied that we don't get enough snow to need 4x4 and I don't own anything I need to pull, so I'm happy. Used to own a 94 Toyota truck 4x4 V6 and was luck to get 16 mpg.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #19
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
No.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:17 AM   #20
Poot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Poot Klopp's Tacoma Gallery
i am very happy with my 4x2 2.7L engine. I was not happy with how low it was to the ground makes it look silly. Tires and a lift fixes that. Everything else I have changed/ will change would also be changed in any other tacoma (lights, badges, interior things).