Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Its all hopeless

Old 06-15-2011, 06:02 AM   #1
TacoFart is on a distinguished road
Army: 7th Chemical
TacoFart's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Its all hopeless

Dude seriously? Is my '04 5-lug that friggin worthless? I was really hoping to get a LT look/effect without having to drop that much $$$. So since that seems to be out of the question. Whats going to give my truck a higher lift in the front without damaging my drive? I got a 160 mile daily drive and dont want anything that'll kill the drive.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:05 AM   #2
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
larger tires that don't require a lift is what i would suggest with out compromising the ride, to achieve a slight lift, and not cost a bunch of $$$
Old 06-15-2011, 06:22 AM   #3
Yea I went 235/75/15 already was looking to do something more than that. I had heard specific coils would and spacers would compromise the ride, which is what I was more talking about.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:28 AM   #4
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFart View Post
Yea I went 235/75/15 already was looking to do something more than that. I had heard specific coils would and spacers would compromise the ride, which is what I was more talking about.
Part of the beast, lift it up, ride gets stiffer.

Guys have been replacing their struts/shocks with the bilstein pre-runner stuff to help, at least with the spacers.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:37 AM   #5
so what would I need then bilstein + spacers? Whos spacers should I go with?
Old 06-15-2011, 06:41 AM   #6
and which bilsteins?
Old 06-15-2011, 06:45 AM   #7
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Forget the spacer lift man. Buy a set of hubcentric spidertrax and poke the wheels out a little, that should give you the look you want, you don't need a lift.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:14 AM   #8
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyScottETC View Post
Forget the spacer lift man. Buy a set of hubcentric spidertrax and poke the wheels out a little, that should give you the look you want, you don't need a lift.
good suggestion, but he is a 5-lug and spidertrax does not make any for us, i contacted them...
Old 06-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #9
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Are you serious? You want a LT look without actually having LT? Why? Do you actually off road it?
Old 06-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #10
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Front Spacer with Bilstein struts , bigger tires and stock rims. That will get you close without killing gas mileage.

I am running ReadlyLift with bilstein shocks and struts. 16x8 KMC Enduros and 31" tires. I get 350 miles to a tank.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:13 PM   #11
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by comiesutra View Post
good suggestion, but he is a 5-lug and spidertrax does not make any for us, i contacted them...
Well, you can get a lug-centric spacer. I don't see any problems with that if it's just for looks anyway, right?

Or you can go with a different manufacturer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HUBCE...-/130381633458
Old 06-15-2011, 10:44 PM   #13
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
wait you have a first gen taco right? lift spindles for sure look on here rdc or dr to find some for sale
Old 06-15-2011, 10:51 PM   #14
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
I don't think any of those will work with a 5 lugger. Spindles up front and a new leaf pack or shackles/add a leaf depending on how worn your stock leaf pack is. New extended length rear shocks will be needed as well. I think only fabtech makes spindles for the 5 luggers. Fatbob's garage sells a lot of 5lugger lift components as well.

Fabtech Spindles

fat bobs garage
I posted this in another thread. Here ya go
Old 06-15-2011, 11:01 PM   #15
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post

Lolz