Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Where Should I Put This?

View Poll Results: Where should I put this emblem?
Under TG Handle 0 0%
Bottom Right of TG 1 20.00%
Front Quarter Panel by Door 2 40.00%
Somewhere else. 2 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2011, 03:35 AM   #1
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Where Should I Put This?

I bought a vintage Toyota Truck grille emblem off FleaBay last week.

This photo sux, but I then did this to it. (and plasti-dipped it)

Now, I want it on my truck, but where???

Some choices:

Below Tailgate Handle?

Bottom Right of Tailgate?

Maybe up here on the Front Qtr Panel??

I've tried it several other spots also, didn't have the camera.
-Above the "Tacoma" on the TG
-On the side of the doors/pillars just above the bed, (a la a Chevy emblem)

I'm not really digging anything yet, haven't found that spot where I temp it up and just say "Thats the f'in spot right there"
Old 06-20-2011, 04:47 AM   #3
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
i don't think any of those choices look good, and it was a mistake cutting up that emblem.

it's not the right style for your newer truck. put it back together and stick it on a tool box or something.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:49 AM   #4
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Just looks like a college symbol now without the word Toyota next to it.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:50 AM   #5
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
IMO you shoulda kept the whole thing and put it where the old pickups had it, on the grill.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:08 AM   #6
DUDE MAN BRO
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant future

Air Force: A.G.E.
Name: Hot Carl!!!
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dud122 View Post
i don't think any of those choices look good, and it was a mistake cutting up that emblem.

it's not the right style for your newer truck. put it back together and stick it on a tool box or something.
x1000
Old 06-20-2011, 05:23 AM   #7
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kenny
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
In the trash?
Old 06-20-2011, 05:33 AM   #8
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rough crowd. Makes me want to make it work even more.

Gonna try and go over the raised part with a different color, let it stand out more.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:39 AM   #9
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Got the same emblem from a junk yard last week. I decided to replace the "toyota" on my satoshi with it. Debating on wether I should touch it up or put it on as is.

But like others said, you should have kept the whole emblem together. O well, its your truck man, if you like it then do it
Old 06-20-2011, 05:58 AM   #10
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cut the top triangle off it where it'll look like a Pontiac symbol.............then throw it away.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:09 AM   #11
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Cut the top triangle off, flip it upside down and pin it to your shirt and pretend your capt James T. Kirk.

Then throw it away.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:40 PM   #12
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Haha one of the IT guys at my school had a pontiac that he wanted worked on in the auto shop. The teacher tossed me the keys and said go pull the starship enterprise inside. I couldn't figure it out then he pointed out that the pontiac emblem was flipped over on the front. Only an IT guy....
Old 06-21-2011, 02:04 AM   #13

I painted the raised part graphite. Emblem looks better overall.

Like to thank Ken, Prerunner and Matic for their helpful suggestions. Didn't go that road though. Wasn't expecting many to like my idea anyway and expected some negativity, but...wasn't expecting to be told to throw it in the fuckin' trash. Screw ya' guys.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:03 AM   #14
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Take it with a grain of salt. Just jackin with ya. It's just kind of a nono to cut up vintage Toyota stuff. Don't be surprised if the ghost of Toyotas past come a haunting..............like this one.