Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

6 hour trip?

Old 07-04-2011, 01:26 AM   #1
SuperchargedFX is on a distinguished road
Name: Jericho
SuperchargedFX's Tacoma Gallery
6 hour trip?

Anyone been on a six hour drive with a single cab with three people? is it super uncomfortable or not bad at all. The three of us in my taco arent big at all so im guessing wont be too bad... just wanted to know who has had experience with a long drive with three people in a single cab. Thanks
Old 07-04-2011, 01:41 AM   #2
Confusion
Denim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud of

Name: Erick
Denim Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedFX View Post
Anyone been on a six hour drive with a single cab with three people? is it super uncomfortable or not bad at all. The three of us in my taco arent big at all so im guessing wont be too bad... just wanted to know who has had experience with a long drive with three people in a single cab. Thanks
Ive done a 5 hour drive with 3 people and a Mazda B2300 one time was kinda cramped but not bother some considering the other 2 passengers were asleep most of the time
Old 07-04-2011, 01:46 AM   #3
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Won't be as bad for the driver. The passengers will find it old a lot quicker
Old 07-04-2011, 01:51 AM   #4
YoungTacoLover is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
YoungTacoLover's Tacoma Gallery
Lol it cant be that bad... Try a 7 hour drive to Cali from AZ with Five people ( 2 are 300lbs, and us three were from 140-190 ) in a Coralla rental!!! It SUCKEEDDD!!

But x2 for the guy above me ^^^^^^

OOHHH might i add that the driver was also DRUNK!! He drank an entire bottle of 100 Proof Southern Comfort! It was sooo SCARY. Eventually we kicked him out when we got to the gas station in blythe
Old 07-04-2011, 02:02 AM   #5
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
I had a similar experience buddies truck broke down so I picked them up in my club cab dakota (backseat was occupied by subs) so we sat 3 across in the bench seat total of 600lbs pls and it was shoulder to shoulder cramped for 30 minutes couldnt imagine 6 hours. But if its 3 generally small people I think it would be ok.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:26 AM   #6
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Ill take maryanne......with a lil ginger on the side, and maybe let mrs.howell join in for the right price.
Took me a second to get that lol
Old 07-04-2011, 03:45 AM   #7
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on if its an auto or stick. I hated long drives with 3 people in my ranger because it was a stick. My friend's ranger wasn't bad because it was an auto. Ac makes it even more tolerable.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #8
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
I've done 3 hours with 4 people in my truck. never again. I'm taking out the bench and putting in two bucket seats
Old 07-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #9
bozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud of
Firefighter: wildland firefighter
bozotaco's Tacoma Gallery
I did four nights with 3 people on a ski trip down to Jackson. However I have a topper and a bed setup, so we always just had two up front and one in the bed. Not the safest but it worked out.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:33 PM   #10
SuperchargedFX is on a distinguished road
Name: Jericho
SuperchargedFX's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the input guys i guess ill just have to find out myself lol
@2008taco its a stick so i guess ill be elbowing the person in the middle the whole ride there lol
Old 07-04-2011, 04:41 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedFX View Post
thanks for the input guys i guess ill just have to find out myself lol
@2008taco its a stick so i guess ill be elbowing the person in the middle the whole ride there lol
I freakin hate being that guy in the middle haha thats why i always yell... WINDOW SEAT!!!! Lmfao
Old 07-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #12
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTacoLover View Post
I freakin hate being that guy in the middle haha thats why i always yell... WINDOW SEAT!!!! Lmfao
at yourself?
Old 07-04-2011, 04:50 PM   #13
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
The Taco is a bit wider than the Camry, I think, so it shouldn't be worse than three people in the back seat of a sedan. Worst comes to worst, have the two passengers switch places every 2 hours.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
at yourself?
Uhh no?? lol... Im 17, dont own a Tacoma yet... Well i have a Silverado, but no insurance sooo No... Haha i usually yell it to whoever is gunna be driving in my friends Ranger with me and him.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #15
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTacoLover View Post
Uhh no?? lol... Im 17, dont own a Tacoma yet... Well i have a Silverado, but no insurance sooo No... Haha i usually yell it to whoever is gunna be driving in my friends Ranger with me and him.
i was asking if you were "laughing your ass off" at yourself. . . but now i feel like the bigger dumbass having to explain it
Old 07-05-2011, 01:29 PM   #16
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
My last trip in my ranger the friend in the middle knew how to shift. Guess he was tired of my elbow hitting him so I just worked the clutch. Was a little nicer...