LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Tire pressure

Old 07-09-2011, 08:36 AM   #1
DrunkenDangler is on a distinguished road
DrunkenDangler's Tacoma Gallery
Tire pressure

I had some new tires and rims put on my 5 lug a weeks ago. 15x8 on 30s and the max psi is 50 on the tire. I checked my tires the other day and it was on 32 should i increase the tire pressure to 45 or leave it at what the tire shop set it at?
Old 07-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #3
DrunkenDangler is on a distinguished road
DrunkenDangler's Tacoma Gallery
I dont have any chalk
Old 07-09-2011, 02:23 PM   #5
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenDangler View Post
I dont have any chalk
Do you have any stores ?
Old 07-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #6
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Look on the inside of the drivers door. It should show you what your truck's PSI should be at. A chalk test would get you a little more accurate, but following the door isn't going to get you into any trouble.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:30 PM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotatacomaTRD View Post
Look on the inside of the drivers door. It should show you what your truck's PSI should be at. A chalk test would get you a little more accurate, but following the door isn't going to get you into any trouble.
But be aware that the numbers posted there are "ideal" for the OEM tires on the OEM configuration. If you've added more weight (or removed some) form the truck or installed different tires...Those pressures (while maybe close by luck) are more or less irrelevant.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:40 PM   #8
bcb97 is on a distinguished road
bcb97's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like I read in a Popular Mechanics one time that its best to have your tires 10 under the max psi for the best ride and wear pattern without sacrificing MPG. The stealership had my tires at 35 which is the max and I put all 4 down to 30 and noticed the ride was much better.