Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

rims for a 96' 5 lug

Old 07-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
saltbranch has a spectacular aura aboutsaltbranch has a spectacular aura about
saltbranch's Tacoma Gallery
rims for a 96' 5 lug

What rims will fit from other models and makes? Currently have the steel 14" rims and looking to dress the truck up some. Dont mind staying with 14" rims, just looking for ideas.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hyundai Elantra(I believe) wheels bolt up with no boring or anything
Ford Ranger wheels will bolt up no problem
Most Jeep wheels off a Grand Cherokee or Wrangler(5x4.5 ones) will bolt up
Any aftermarket wheel should bolt up..hub bores on those are usually 71-73mm.

Our hub bore on 1st gen 5 lugs are 67.1mm for your info.

There are tons of options..
Old 08-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #3
snowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ted
snowshredder555's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltbranch View Post
What rims will fit from other models and makes? Currently have the steel 14" rims and looking to dress the truck up some. Dont mind staying with 14" rims, just looking for ideas.
x2. I just bought my 96' 5-Lug a couple of weeks ago and the first thing I'd like to change is the rim size. Hardly any options out there for tires in the 14" range. I feel the 15" rims will allow for a better ride quality because of the ability get a little bit more rubber between the rim and the road. I can have all the usual issues associated with this kind of improvement handled locally. This isn't my first rodeo with a vehicle.

Any help with the years from toyota with this wheel size is appreciated. I'd like to keep with the steel rims in silver. Junk yards are an option for me just need to know exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks- Ted
Old 08-18-2011, 11:06 PM   #4
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
general grabber at2 has a 27" tall tire for a 14" rim
Old 08-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #5
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set of 4 15" steelies with center caps that came off my 5 lug if either of you are interested. They currently have bald brigestone duelers on them.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:55 AM   #6
snowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
I have a set of 4 15" steelies with center caps that came off my 5 lug if either of you are interested. They currently have bald brigestone duelers on them.
How much? Ship to 85297?

-Ted
Old 08-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #7
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I gotta do some checking there on how to ship them... so far it looks like shipping alone is gonna be $60 per rim. Lemme see if I can get that down a bit.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:08 PM   #8

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just kidding I found a quote for $50 shipping from fedex. Let's move this to PM to not muck up this thread... PM me if you're still interested.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:11 PM   #9
mfields007 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Aircraft Maintenance Rules!
Name: Mike
mfields007's Tacoma Gallery
do you still have the rims?
Old 08-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #10

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I have the rims. If anyone is interested please PM me. If you want them I have to ship them out quickly because I leave for school on Friday and won't be able to ship them till around Christmas time after that
Old 08-22-2011, 11:00 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
Yes I have the rims. If anyone is interested please PM me. If you want them I have to ship them out quickly because I leave for school on Friday and won't be able to ship them till around Christmas time after that

Gonna have to pass on this one....$50.00 per to ship is more than I can actually buy the rims for here...and the rims are all I'm after. Thank you any ways.

-Ted