Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Bench seat

Old 07-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Bench seat

I fucking HATE, HATE, HATE!!! The FUCKING bench seat! It is hella uncomfortable un able to recline and there is NO center console!

I put about 13k miles on my truck in a year, so I spend good part of my day sitting in that piece of fucking shit seat!

I should have NEVER bought a truck because I was in a time crunch and NEEDED a vehicle!

5lug is OK, should have bought at lease access cab :headbangsagainstwall:
Old 07-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
Because I can
JoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Joe
JoeRags27's Tacoma Gallery
Dude get some Bucket seats from Ebay for $300 another couple bucks for the mounting brackets....fab up a nice little center console and BOOM! Comfort! lol
Old 07-20-2011, 04:55 PM   #3
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ex-navy, IT Contractor
Name: Cody
bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
will normal taco buckets not fit, i've swapped bench to buckets in my old ranger, was easy , different beast altogether though
Old 07-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #4
Because I can
JoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Joe
JoeRags27's Tacoma Gallery
Yes essentially any 2nd gen model buckets will fit, the holes all line up pretty much but the passenger seat will be slightly closer to the middle console..its jsut because the middle console bump out is offcenter
Old 07-20-2011, 07:49 PM   #5
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If I do anything it will be OEM Tacoma buckets with OEM console.

The dilemma is;

I dont like the regular cab 5lug for few reasons;

- no room for tools or supplies in the regular cab

- bench seat sucks

- no aftermarket support, gears are not interchangeable without swapping whole 3rd member

However I owe $13.9k on the truck and I cant sell it for what I owe (I think) so I am stuck between rock and hard place... Put more money in it so its better to live with (bucket seats,center console, 3rd member with 4.10 gears) or trade my truck in take a hit on trade in and have bigger monthly payment...

I dont like either option Also I NEED I truck for work. For me having a truck is not a leisure its a necessity.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #6
NakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of light
NakedTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTaco View Post
If I do anything it will be OEM Tacoma buckets with OEM console.

The dilemma is;

I dont like the regular cab 5lug for few reasons;

- no room for tools or supplies in the regular cab

- bench seat sucks

- no aftermarket support, gears are not interchangeable without swapping whole 3rd member

However I owe $13.9k on the truck and I cant sell it for what I owe (I think) so I am stuck between rock and hard place... Put more money in it so its better to live with (bucket seats,center console, 3rd member with 4.10 gears) or trade my truck in take a hit on trade in and have bigger monthly payment...

I dont like either option Also I NEED I truck for work. For me having a truck is not a leisure its a necessity.
some one has been misinformed
Old 07-21-2011, 12:58 PM   #7
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
im 6'4" 280lbs and i dont mind my bench seat...

when i first got it i put the seat about 5 clicks forward and put my back against it and feet on the floor and leg pressed a little recline in it.

i did a bucket conversion a couple months ago and love it...

Old 07-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #8
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post

when i first got it i put the seat about 5 clicks forward and put my back against it and feet on the floor and leg pressed a little recline in it.

i did a bucket conversion a couple months ago and love it...

Did you think of mounting the bench in the back or the living room?
Old 07-21-2011, 01:52 PM   #10
11-98 MUD
norcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jack
norcal4banger's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 07-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #11
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdpowell View Post
Did you think of mounting the bench in the back or the living room?
they are worth alot because of the airbags so i dont know what to do with it. I am fabbing up a framework to mount civic seats in the back to take people offroading.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:22 PM   #12
NakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Any proof to this claim?
Um me .... I have done a gear swap and had no issue finding ring and pinions... I have bought 3-4 I even have some 4.56 sitting in my room
Old 07-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #13
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Ever since I put a shitty homemade armrest in/on mine, it's been much better. I feel much more relaxed and I can lean back into the seat a little more.

The bucket conversion is always an option. Like you I'd want all OEM stuff. I'd even try and find the OE shift/center storage console.

I'm on the taller side (6'2) and I don't have my seat even close to being all the way back. There is a good crack of space between the back of the seat and the back of the cab. Maybe you could fab up some kind of tool rack/board/something and attach it to the metal back there.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:17 PM   #14
Nom Nom Nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedTacoma View Post
Um me .... I have done a gear swap and had no issue finding ring and pinions... I have bought 3-4 I even have some 4.56 sitting in my room
Really?

Hm...

I am thinking of getting this --> http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-479...nion-used.html

So according to you those gears would work in my 5lug base Taco?
Old 07-23-2011, 07:53 AM   #15
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Check my sig for how I fixed my bench seat.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #16
Quote:
Really?

Hm...

I am thinking of getting this --> http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-479...nion-used.html

So according to you those gears would work in my 5lug base Taco?

yep any 8.4 ring and pinion will wrk .... there is a smaller spacer that fits between the ring and the diff. make sure u have that or it wont set right . IMO take the 3rd out (easy ) then take it to a shop with the ring and pinion and new bearing kit and have them set it for you. it will save u money and head aches.

Your looking at atleast 500 to regear when all is said and done. or just find a 3rd on pirate4x4.com thats what i did after regearing 3 times.... i got a 4.88 3rd with LSD for 250 shipped .
Old 01-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #17
Street is just really niceStreet is just really niceStreet is just really niceStreet is just really nice

Name: jon
Street's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post

HEY BIG GUY!!!!!! What Are the Seats Out Of ???? Looks Damn Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gyfyjjf,jfgjgjgjugugugjgjgjgujgjugvhyjfjyvhjvhyjfv hvhvhjv jhghjhjvhjvhj ugujghj ghgjhb gg yftdtfvj yf yjhv jy vyj vh hyv hjv yhyjgvjhv hj gvh
Old 10-07-2012, 08:04 AM   #18
dougtoms01 is on a distinguished road

Army: Medic, 2/11 th FA 25th Inf Div.
dougtoms01's Tacoma Gallery
I got some seats that look exactly like these out of a 2008 Cobalt. I got some square stock from Home Depot and fabbed some bottom brackets. I couldn't find the pictures I took. $75 off Craigslist. Less than $100 complete set up. You just loose you air bags :-)
Old 10-07-2012, 08:06 AM   #19
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street View Post
gyfyjjf,jfgjgjgjugugugjgjgjgujgjugvhyjfjyvhjvhyjfv hvhvhjv jhghjhjvhjvhj ugujghj ghgjhb gg yftdtfvj yf yjhv jy vyj vh hyv hjv yhyjgvjhv hj gvh
If you're having a stroke... mash the keyboard again.

Frank
Old 10-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #20
cruxofthebisquit is on a distinguished road

Name: John
cruxofthebisquit's Tacoma Gallery
Too bad it's not 1st Gen. I hate buckets in a truck.