Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Readylift 5lug Wheel/Tires help??

Old 07-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
ACGrenade is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
ACGrenade's Tacoma Gallery
Readylift 5lug Wheel/Tires help??

2006 Tacoma SR5 5lug Base Access Cab (owned).

Readylift already installed.

Just added 285/65/R18 Nitto Terra Grappler

It rides a little rough, I have disk brakes on the front, and drums on the rear. I am planning to replace the pads VERY soon. Anyone recommend any further mods to get better braking?

Also, I want to know what I can do to get another inch or two in height? Shock options maybe?

Thanks for the help!
Old 07-24-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
NakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of light
NakedTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
better breaking u can get slotted roters or a big break kit lol
rear u can add bigger blocks ....... front not much .
Old 07-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACGrenade View Post
2006 Tacoma SR5 5lug Base Access Cab (owned).

Readylift already installed.

Just added 285/65/R18 Nitto Terra Grappler

It rides a little rough, I have disk brakes on the front, and drums on the rear. I am planning to replace the pads VERY soon. Anyone recommend any further mods to get better braking?

Also, I want to know what I can do to get another inch or two in height? Shock options maybe?

Thanks for the help!
As a 5 lug, your only option for more hight on top of your ready lift is a body lift.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
what they said^

unfortunately there are many options for lifting our trucks. here is a thread about most of the option for 2nd gen 5 luggers. i dont think there are any LT trucks 2nd gen 5 lug in there but that is an option but seeing that your in florida its not a very reasonable option since you wouldnt use it unless you wanted to drop all the dough just for the look...

EDIT: oh and welcome to TW!
Old 07-24-2011, 09:49 PM   #5
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
if you want more height and performance sell the lift and get a tc mid travel
Old 07-25-2011, 07:16 PM   #6
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
You can add spindles on top of your spacer for more lift instead of BL...
Old 07-25-2011, 08:55 PM   #7
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
You can add spindles on top of your spacer for more lift instead of BL...
hes a 2nd gen...as far as i know there arent any spindles available short of fully custom
Old 07-26-2011, 07:13 AM   #9
ACGrenade is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
ACGrenade's Tacoma Gallery
Ok... I found some shocks called "Bilstein 5100 Adjustable Shocks" for Tacomas. But I already have Readylift so will they still work?

Any suggestions?
Old 07-26-2011, 08:04 AM   #10
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACGrenade View Post
Ok... I found some shocks called "Bilstein 5100 Adjustable Shocks" for Tacomas. But I already have Readylift so will they still work?

Any suggestions?
No they won't work for 5-lugs...only 6 lugs.

As I noted above, a body lift is your only option.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:07 AM   #11
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Your in a bad boat, I have basicaly the same truck as you. Our options are not good and expensive.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #12
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
hes a 2nd gen...as far as i know there arent any spindles available short of fully custom
Ah. well nevermind.