Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Replace Add-a-leaf

Old 08-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #1
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Replace Add-a-leaf

Just curious if anybody has replaced the aal from their fat bob or readylift kit with a 2"+ leaf??

I have noticed that my bed seems to be lower than the front and seems to show more with my camper shell on. I have bilsteins in back and I would think they could handle the extra inch.

Should I add a bigger lead or get a new pack? Thanks for the help.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:48 PM   #2
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same problem with the long leaf AAL from Fat Bob's. I noticed after the install that the rear sat about an inch too low. Took pictures and sent them to the sales rep I had spoken with. They sent me an additional AAL to put in that leveled it out. They said that the additional weight of the camper shell was not something they had factored into the design.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:37 PM   #3
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a View Post
I had the same problem with the long leaf AAL from Fat Bob's. I noticed after the install that the rear sat about an inch too low. Took pictures and sent them to the sales rep I had spoken with. They sent me an additional AAL to put in that leveled it out. They said that the additional weight of the camper shell was not something they had factored into the design.
Oh. I wouldnt mind getting the stock stance back... I just wanted to take stock height and lift it evenly. I might try to find a 2 1/2" aal. I am just curious if the ride quality would get worse... I guess its time for some more research. Do you know if AAL are universal? Will they work for a 6-lug same as a 5-lug?
Old 08-02-2011, 06:44 AM   #4
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure. As far as one from the 6 lug fitting on the 5 lug, yes I think they would fit just fine. Will it give the amount of lift you want, I'm not sure on that. The 6 lug leaf packs have less arch than the 5 lug leaf packs so I'm not sure if that follows suit for the AAL too.

EDIT:
The Deaver F85 three leaf AAL is spec'd for the 6-lug tacoma and tundra. However the same pack is also spec'd for the 5-lug tc mid travel kit.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #5

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm not sure. As far as one from the 6 lug fitting on the 5 lug, yes I think they would fit just fine. Will it give the amount of lift you want, I'm not sure on that. The 6 lug leaf packs have less arch than the 5 lug leaf packs so I'm not sure if that follows suit for the AAL too.

EDIT:
The Deaver F85 three leaf AAL is spec'd for the 6-lug tacoma and tundra. However the same pack is also spec'd for the 5-lug tc mid travel kit.
Oh. I gotta check that out. I will probably make a few calls to see what is available. I would be happy with the 2.5"aal.

The Deaver F85 is only 1.5" of lift though..
Old 08-10-2011, 10:07 AM   #6
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

EDIT:
Just to add to this... The 5 lugs are spring under, so the leafs from a 6 lug will not give you a lift on the 5 lugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBCdmv View Post
Oh. I gotta check that out. I will probably make a few calls to see what is available. I would be happy with the 2.5"aal.

The Deaver F85 is only 1.5" of lift though..
If you call Deaver, they will need to make a 'custom' pack. They can design the leafs to give you a 2.5" lift and they will ask you if you plan to tow anything with it (this will determine how stiff the rear will be)
Old 08-10-2011, 12:17 PM   #7

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
Just to add to this... The 5 lugs are spring under, so the leafs from a 6 lug will not give you a lift on the 5 lugs.

If you call Deaver, they will need to make a 'custom' pack. They can design the leafs to give you a 2.5" lift and they will ask you if you plan to tow anything with it (this will determine how stiff the rear will be)
I figured an add-a-leaf is a add-a-leaf. I am not sure about the length/width of the leaf. I want to say that 6-lug leaf packs are arched more??.. I agree with the 3-leaf pack. I figured you wuold run into a problem with the axle over.

I am hoping to not fork out $300 for a custom leaf pack but that is definitely an option. Do you think that lifting the rear 1.5" more should be a problem? I wonder if I need to get longer shocks, brake lines, etc? Thanks for the input.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #8
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
brake lines yes most likely. toyota lines are way too short
Old 08-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #9

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joels98taco View Post
brake lines yes most likely. toyota lines are way too short
Any recommendations?
Old 08-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #10
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
goodridge makes good lines just look around cuz im not sure on a part number.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:15 PM   #11
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBCdmv View Post
I figured an add-a-leaf is a add-a-leaf. I am not sure about the length/width of the leaf. I want to say that 6-lug leaf packs are arched more??.. I agree with the 3-leaf pack. I figured you wuold run into a problem with the axle over.

I am hoping to not fork out $300 for a custom leaf pack but that is definitely an option. Do you think that lifting the rear 1.5" more should be a problem? I wonder if I need to get longer shocks, brake lines, etc? Thanks for the input.
What shocks are you running with your Readylift? The AAL with the kit gives you a 1.5" lift, IMO the stock shock will need to be replaced.

I am running an AAL, I did not have to replace the brake lines, only the shocks.