Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

To Long Travel or not to Long Travel??? HELP

Old 08-26-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
To Long Travel or not to Long Travel??? HELP

Okay guys here is my situation - I have been saving all year and will continue to save until December when i transform my truck.

I am torn between LT and MT specifically for a certain look. I do offroad but this is also my Daily driver.

Long Travel Specs:
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...gn=4X4products
4" Coil lift
14" travel
Cost : 3839 + Tax (Coils Included) - front suspension only

Mid Travel Specs:
http://www.klmstore.com/ICON-5-8705-...ock-Kit-3.aspx
Adjustable 2.5"-3.5" Coil Lift
9" Travel
Cost 2000 + Tax + Spanner wrench 27.50 + IVD Coating 100 = 2127.50 est

I want something that will function and that will look beasty. If i get mid travel i am cranking it out all the way to 3.5"

I will be running glass either way - My main concern is paying 2000 more for an extra .5" of coil height and 5" of travel.

Thoughts/Suggestions Please!!!!

OH AND I WILL ONLY BEING GOING MID TRAVEL ON THE REAR UNTIL I CAN AFFORD REAR LT
Old 08-26-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
go mid travel front LT rear if you arent going to be offroading a lot. if you are, then go full LT front and rear.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifenix View Post
go mid travel front LT rear if you arent going to be offroading a lot. if you are, then go full LT front and rear.
may i ask why you say that? do you have pros and cons for each?
Old 08-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #4
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
well since your buff as shit and get laid, long travel is for you

(just giving you shit)

but seriously, go long travel
Old 08-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #5
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post

(just giving you shit)

HAHAHAHAHA oh god do not start that in here please.

can i get some facts as to why LT is better. i mean i know what i know but i want the input of others - because an ignorant opinion is not an opinion at all
Old 08-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
LT give you ummmm more suspension travel. Actual long travel is expensive and usually the street ride is compromised. But that longer travel is great for absorbing bumps when drive fast over rough terrain.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #7
Banned
so being primarily a street vehicle Mid travel is my best option?
Old 08-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Well that is my opinion. Many do drive a full LT truck on the street. I just wouldn't.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #9
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemicals View Post
so being primarily a street vehicle Mid travel is my best option?

not true, there are many guys on here that DD their LT truck, and they all love it. no compaints from any of them
Old 08-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #10
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
LT is for serious offroading and of course quite expensive. If you have the dough, go for it. For occasional offroading and trail runs, Mid travel will get you through most albeit not as fast as LT. You can dd an LT rig depending on how you setup your rear, you might be three wheeling

LT trucks drive better on the street than stock (way smoother.)
Old 08-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #11
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
LT = empty bank account

for realz
Old 08-26-2011, 04:58 PM   #12
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
LT = empty bank account

for realz
this

don't do it!
Old 08-26-2011, 05:01 PM   #13
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
this

don't do it!
times two
Old 08-26-2011, 05:05 PM   #14
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
cant you get an LT Taco in World of Warcraft?
Old 08-26-2011, 05:07 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
cant you get an LT Taco in World of Warcraft?
that's for virgin nerds and poor people
Old 08-26-2011, 05:49 PM   #16
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
LT = empty bank account

for realz
so whats the upkeep on LT like? do you have to recharge your shocks?
Old 08-26-2011, 05:53 PM   #18
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yea from time to time, but Engage usually hooks me up when I roll out with them
Old 08-26-2011, 05:59 PM   #19

Quote:
yeah, you have to re-charge the shock w/ nitrogen every now and then, but that's the least of your worries...

mainly you have to worry about being broke
Old 08-26-2011, 06:03 PM   #20
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post

(just giving you shit)

WAs wondering when that was gonna get posted...

lol!!