1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Jeep Wheels on 5-lug

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by Treehouseman, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Sep 16, 2011 at 8:59 AM
    Treehouseman

Treehouseman [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Saint Louis
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2wd
    Hi everyone. I've searched the forum and internet and I'm a bit confused. I've realized I can source Jeep wheels on craigslist for super cheap, but I am not 100% sure these are going to work out.

My main concern is the LUG HOLE SIZE.

Wheels in question are 2006 Jeep Cherokee wheels.
    15X8
    5 on 4.5
    Backspacing is 5.5" (about et25)
    center bore is unconfirmed but from what I gather it is larger than our 5-lugs.

To clarify, we have a center bore of 60.1mm? I believe the jeeps are up in the 70's mm range so no problem there.

So bolt pattern is the same, but what's the word on the size of the holes?
    Some sources say they use lug nuts that are 1/2 x 20 and is it true that we use 12mm x 1.5? I'm not sure what this means?

Wheels in question: [​IMG]

Edit: I just found this image on how 5-lug bolt pattern is measured. Does this mean that the hole size should be the same for all 5x4.5/ 5x114.3?
    [​IMG]

2. Sep 16, 2011 at 9:30 AM
    TacomaBuzz

TacomaBuzz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 RegCab 4x4 TX Special Edition
    Sirius, Bugflector,back-rack, stepsides.
    :popcorn:subbed!

3. Sep 16, 2011 at 9:37 AM
    horwitzs

horwitzs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Dayton, WA
    Vehicle:
    TX Pro
    Supercharger, OME lift w/ LR UCAs, running boards, toolbox, extinguisher mount, skidplate, N-Fab light bar, 40" R.I. LED bar, WO seat covers, TRD intake, Weathertech mats and visors, stubby antenna, hood struts, LED interior lighting, Hella Supertones, and other stuff I'm forgetting.
    The studs on the Toyota hubs are less than a millimeter thicker than those on the Jeep. I imagine there'd be that much clearance in the Jeep lug holes to fit, but it would be a gamble. If you had to, you could ream them out very slightly... wouldn't take much.

4. Sep 16, 2011 at 11:51 AM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    I'd ask the person selling the wheels if you can test fit one on your truck when you come to look at them. You'll know pretty quick if the wheel rubs the caliper or if the bolt holes don't fit right.

Our lugs are 12x1.5mm. This is the bolt size and thread pitch. 12mm is the size and 1.5 is the pitch.

I'd also say that not all 5 on 4.5 lug holes are the same. Some aftermarket wheels require extended thread (ET) lug nuts. This is because the hole for the lug is larger than the size of the lug itself. I'm guessing this is done so that the wheels will fit more vehicles. There are other types of lug nuts used, so I'd check out what is supposed to be used with the wheels you are thinking about getting.

[​IMG]

5. Sep 16, 2011 at 12:51 PM
    UndefinedTaco

UndefinedTaco I'll eat all your food.

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Tracy, CA
    Vehicle:
    Toyota
    It's an 89 Toyota Pickup. I got some stuff done to it.. FJ axles going under it soon.
    They'll bolt on no problem, just use the lugs designed for that wheel.

SRQ TACO use to have them on his truck.
    Search his profile. Pictures of them somewhere.

6. Sep 16, 2011 at 9:18 PM
    Treehouseman

Treehouseman [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Saint Louis
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2wd
    Thanks everyone. I heard back from the tire-rack guys and they confirmed they would physically bolt up, however, he mentioned that Tacomas have very short studs and his only concern was if the studs were long enough to get enough revolutions on the nuts. Like mentioned, appropriate lug nut seats are essential as well.

Thanks again and I'm still interested in others who are rockin jeep rollers

Phil

7. Sep 18, 2011 at 6:12 PM
    regular taco

regular taco New Member

Member:
    texas
    Vehicle:
    96 4x2 reg cab (sweet)
    bone stock
    these are jeep cherokee wheels off a 92 . they work just fine , i have no clearance issues and the lugs are the stock acorns off the steel rims. i needed tires and i had these rims sittin in the garage from my jeep ......so i tried um ...now i have brand new shoes for the taco

IMG-20110622-00710.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top