Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Jeep Wheels on 5-lug

Old 09-16-2011, 08:59 AM   #1
Treehouseman is on a distinguished road
Name: Phil
Treehouseman's Tacoma Gallery
Jeep Wheels on 5-lug

Hi everyone. I've searched the forum and internet and I'm a bit confused. I've realized I can source Jeep wheels on craigslist for super cheap, but I am not 100% sure these are going to work out.

My main concern is the LUG HOLE SIZE.

Wheels in question are 2006 Jeep Cherokee wheels.
15X8
5 on 4.5
Backspacing is 5.5" (about et25)
center bore is unconfirmed but from what I gather it is larger than our 5-lugs.

To clarify, we have a center bore of 60.1mm? I believe the jeeps are up in the 70's mm range so no problem there.

So bolt pattern is the same, but what's the word on the size of the holes?
Some sources say they use lug nuts that are 1/2 x 20 and is it true that we use 12mm x 1.5? I'm not sure what this means?

Wheels in question:

Edit: I just found this image on how 5-lug bolt pattern is measured. Does this mean that the hole size should be the same for all 5x4.5/ 5x114.3?
Old 09-16-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
The studs on the Toyota hubs are less than a millimeter thicker than those on the Jeep. I imagine there'd be that much clearance in the Jeep lug holes to fit, but it would be a gamble. If you had to, you could ream them out very slightly... wouldn't take much.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
I'd ask the person selling the wheels if you can test fit one on your truck when you come to look at them. You'll know pretty quick if the wheel rubs the caliper or if the bolt holes don't fit right.

Our lugs are 12x1.5mm. This is the bolt size and thread pitch. 12mm is the size and 1.5 is the pitch.

I'd also say that not all 5 on 4.5 lug holes are the same. Some aftermarket wheels require extended thread (ET) lug nuts. This is because the hole for the lug is larger than the size of the lug itself. I'm guessing this is done so that the wheels will fit more vehicles. There are other types of lug nuts used, so I'd check out what is supposed to be used with the wheels you are thinking about getting.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:51 PM   #5
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
They'll bolt on no problem, just use the lugs designed for that wheel.

SRQ TACO use to have them on his truck.
Search his profile. Pictures of them somewhere.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:18 PM   #6
Treehouseman is on a distinguished road
Name: Phil
Treehouseman's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone. I heard back from the tire-rack guys and they confirmed they would physically bolt up, however, he mentioned that Tacomas have very short studs and his only concern was if the studs were long enough to get enough revolutions on the nuts. Like mentioned, appropriate lug nut seats are essential as well.

Thanks again and I'm still interested in others who are rockin jeep rollers

Phil
Old 09-18-2011, 06:12 PM   #7
regular taco is on a distinguished road
regular taco's Tacoma Gallery
these are jeep cherokee wheels off a 92 . they work just fine , i have no clearance issues and the lugs are the stock acorns off the steel rims. i needed tires and i had these rims sittin in the garage from my jeep ......so i tried um ...now i have brand new shoes for the taco
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Wheels on 5-lug-img-20110622-00710.jpg