Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

horrible rear view reflection in regular cab!

Old 09-28-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
chicagocontractor is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
chicagocontractor's Tacoma Gallery
horrible rear view reflection in regular cab!

Anyone else have a problem with the reflection when looking out of the rear few mirror? my companies old work truck, it also had a small reflection but it seems that my Tacoma's is a lot worse.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Tinting didnt work already tried, thought it maybe the same when you look into a room with lights on then it is to look out side when its dark.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
Natemx is on a distinguished road
Natemx's Tacoma Gallery
At night I get a small reflection of the clock and radio station lights. What exactly are you seeing that is being reflected?
Old 09-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
jpaw30 is on a distinguished road
jpaw30's Tacoma Gallery
that reflection is bad. All I see is the instruments and glare from the back window. Probably doesnt help that I have a cap on the truck as well
Old 09-28-2011, 09:08 PM   #4
2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: LEEEEEEROOOYYY JENKINS!
2007 tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
It could be the adjustment of the rear view. The high beam lever may be in the wrong position and it needs to be readjusted after it's flipped?

If not, I agree it would help to know more about what is being reflected.

I get the passenger airbag and the flashing seatbelt indicator in my rear view a lot reflected off the back window as I'm usually carrying some gear in a fairly heavy duffle bag in the passenger seat.

I guess I've gotten used to it and kind of zone it out.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:50 PM   #6
Taco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Dependent, pops was a Major
Name: Alex
Taco505's Tacoma Gallery
haha ya this used to annoy my but i guess over time i just got used to it i don't really notice it any more to be honest
Old 09-29-2011, 07:13 PM   #7
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
I've never noticed it.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:22 PM   #8
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
See if you can get one that dims, I changed mine for the one with the rear view monitor and it also dims, I have not had issues with reflection
Old 09-29-2011, 08:26 PM   #9
jsutter has a spectacular aura aboutjsutter has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jim
jsutter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007 tacoma View Post
It could be the adjustment of the rear view. The high beam lever may be in the wrong position and it needs to be readjusted after it's flipped?
This would be my guess. I have noticed little or no reflections with mine.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #10
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Try and move the mirror up higher, it will go up some. That should change the angle of the reflection and take it out of your eyesight.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:07 PM   #11
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Get taller
Old 10-03-2011, 12:20 PM   #12
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is bad, bad, bad...I tinted within a week of purchasing, but I didn't really notice until the day I got the tint. I can literally see tailights in front of me in my rearview mirror.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:31 PM   #13

The dimmer is probably the only way to go, if that doesn't work nothing will!
Old 10-05-2011, 07:35 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCPA View Post
Try and move the mirror up higher, it will go up some. That should change the angle of the reflection and take it out of your eyesight.
its more of a mirror reflection, then a shinning reflection. If thats what you mean?
Old 10-06-2011, 08:48 AM   #16
2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: LEEEEEEROOOYYY JENKINS!
2007 tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCPA View Post
Thanks for that info. I didn't know there was a pivot there. I was able to get mine closer to the roof which has made it easier to see out of the windshield in general and changed the angle of reflection I get at night some.