1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

help im a newbi, needs help with brackets, suggestion would be appricatied

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by slickvick, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Oct 12, 2011 at 2:11 PM
    slickvick

slickvick [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    victor
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    97 toyo, 4 banger, 3 inch suspention lift
    3 inch suspension lift, K&N intake, 40 serise flow master, downey headers, new used transmission with new torque convertor, and regreared differential pumpkin
    hi everyone, this is my first time being on this forum, so i have this direr problem with my toyo tacoma 1997, the bracket that connects to the lower ball joint to the suspension keeps on breaking on both sides of the driver and passenger side of my truck. my truck has a 3'' suspension lift and has 275/70/15 size tires with spacers. i think the reason why the brackets keep on breaking cause of the lift and it adds more tension to the brackets but i got the lift almost 8 years ago, so why break now?. so the question is why are my brackets breaking now, this often, i dont go off roading anymore and they still break. i know my shocks (bilstien) are done but they are not that bad out of shape. can anybody help me with this problem im having. i dont wanna trash my first truck and i wanna keep her as long as i possibly can.

IMG_20110912_155152.jpg
    IMG_20110808_134838.jpg

2. Oct 12, 2011 at 4:05 PM
    Siebler

Siebler Duck Killing Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    99 Long Travel 5 lug, 01 Tundra 4wd
    TC LT Front, F67 on 12" shackle, LCE Underdrive Pulley, Flex-a-lite fan, DT headers, Super 44 muffler, 4:11's and Aussie Locker, 22 Gallon Fuel Cell, Beard seats, sliders, bed cage
    If you dont offroad any more and want to preserve the truck drop that lift off, get some charged shocks, and get some smaller tires. It will help a lot.

3. Oct 13, 2011 at 3:32 PM
    5LUGTACO

5LUGTACO Gear Head

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    California
    Vehicle:
    06 TACOMA 5 LUG
    Total Chaos Mid Travel, Sway away coilovers,31x10.50x15 goodyear wrangler authority's
    What kind of suspension lift are you running?

4. Oct 13, 2011 at 3:34 PM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    the lift cant be whats causing those to break like that....

5. Oct 13, 2011 at 3:35 PM
    5LUGTACO

5LUGTACO Gear Head

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    California
    Vehicle:
    06 TACOMA 5 LUG
    Total Chaos Mid Travel, Sway away coilovers,31x10.50x15 goodyear wrangler authority's
    Also you say they KEEP breaking? Where are you buying replacements? or are you just re-welding them? aftermarket replacement parts are made with cheaper softer metals, you should go with oem if you havent already and depending on your suspension lift it could be forcing the arms down too much and the angle is giving it too much leverage and snap! If you still want a lift i would go with a spindle lift and leave the rest of the suspension stock, throw in some bilstein hd shocks.

6. Oct 14, 2011 at 7:27 PM
    slickvick

slickvick [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    victor
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    3 inch suspension lift, K&N intake, 40 serise flow master, downey headers, new used transmission with new torque convertor, and regreared differential pumpkin
    yeah it is a 3'' suspension lift with spindles. and i do have bilstein shocks but i think i need to get new ones. i buy the bracket from the dealership now, before i would buy them from the junk yard or my machanic would get them for me. but yeah im gunna take off the lift, put on smaller tires.

7. Oct 14, 2011 at 8:43 PM
    5LUGTACO

5LUGTACO Gear Head

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    California
    Vehicle:
    06 TACOMA 5 LUG
    besides the spindles do you have aftermarket coils or upper a arm? like the fabtech setup? I had that crap and replaced it with the downey mid travel kit. + doetsch tech spindles 3.5 lift

8. Oct 16, 2011 at 6:05 PM
    slickvick

slickvick [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    victor
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    no other aftermarket parts. im gunna take off the lift anyways

Products Discussed in

To Top