Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Q from a newbie...

Old 10-19-2011, 12:46 PM   #1
Whitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud of

Name: Whit
Whitster's Tacoma Gallery
Q from a newbie...

It's hell to be stupid but what is the difference between a 5-lug and 6-lug Taco besides one more bolt? What determines which one it has?
I've checked the Glossary, plodded through a bunch of posts, no Sticky's and no joy...bummed...

Whit
Old 10-25-2011, 04:04 PM   #2
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension and drive train pretty much... The Prerunners and 4x4's have the same offroad suspension. They sit higher off the ground, and have a V6 option.

A 5 lug is typically configured with the 4 cyl engine and low sprung suspension and not meant for serious offroading like the other models. Their limit would be like a bumpy dirt road. They also come with 15" rims, but rim size doesnt determine the lug pattern.

EWWW: I forgot about the XRunners. They are 5 lug's with V6, but they're their own model pretty much. I think they have a more street tuned suspension and body kit and only come with a manual transmission.

So:

5 lug:
Reg cab 2wd Base I4
Access cab 2wd Base I4
Double cab 2wd Base (new for 2012?) I4
X-Runner V6

6 lug:
Reg Cab 4x4 I4
Access cab prerunner/4x4 I4/V6
Double cab prerunner/4x4 I4/V6

Hope that helps.