Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Big Brake Kit for 5 Lug?

Old 10-31-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
ACGrenade is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
ACGrenade's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Big Brake Kit for 5 Lug?

I am looking to install a 'Big Brake Kit' on my 2006 Tacoma 5 lug. Anyone suggest any specific brands? I am going to need brakes soon! A few months ago I installed oversized rims and tires along with a Ready Lift and my brakes are going fast. I just got married and I am trying to stay on a budget. So lets try to keep the recommendations realistically priced... please? My wife is already jealous of my truck.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:42 PM   #2
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
You definitely need HUGE brakes for the massive amounts of power the 2.7L produces

Just get slotted rotors and Hawk HPS pads or equivalent and call it a day...
Old 11-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't seen a BBK for the 5 lug tacomas. I recommend www.raceshopper.com for brake parts.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:26 AM   #4
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
stoptech makes a kit for the XRunners. It can be used on 5lugs as well, but you need at least an 18" wheel to clear the calipers (its a pretty big kit, I think the rotors are 335mm or so)

this is the TRD BBK that you can buy from the dealership, but it is pretty expensive. around $3k

Rotora also makes a kit but I wouldn't recommend it.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:27 AM   #5
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTaco View Post
You definitely need HUGE brakes for the massive amounts of power the 2.7L produces

Just get slotted rotors and Hawk HPS pads or equivalent and call it a day...
does Hawk even make pads for our trucks? last time I checked I couldn't find any, but idk lol.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #7
lbhsbz is on a distinguished road
lbhsbz's Tacoma Gallery
Edit: sorry, didn't realize how old this thread was