Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Center Console Swap Success!!

Old 11-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #1
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
Center Console Swap Success!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the 6-Speed Manual center console is a direct swap into our 5-speed manual base tacoma's. All the holes for the brackets are under the carpet . The only minor issue is the passenger side carpet has a few visible notches where the old center console was.Aside from removing the old console, i removed the parking brake protective shroud and trimmed back the carpet below the new center console. It compliments the bucket swap nicely!

Old 11-11-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Looks nice. I once purchased some carpet from Pepboys or wal-mart that was a pretty close match to the carpet in our Tacoma's. Just a thought for covering up this spots if it concerns you or others.
I have some oem carpet i can use from when i trimmed it for the new console. The original bench seat center console was much wider and had two metal brackets in those notches.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Looks good man. Remember that you only have 5 gears though.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:40 AM   #6
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
just cut some carpet out from under the seats or somewhere you wont see it missing
Old 11-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Looks good man. Remember that you only have 5 gears though.
Haha, so true, a 5 lugger can dream though.............
Old 11-11-2011, 10:48 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCFirefighter View Post
I'm sorry, really. I'm trying to "spot the differences" between the two pictures, but I don't see it.
*Fixed, i accidentally pasted the same pic twice, Lol
Old 11-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #10
weazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant future

weazleburger's Tacoma Gallery
bench to buckets and a console, nice!
Old 11-11-2011, 12:01 PM   #11
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome dude!

Fink
Old 11-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #13

I'm thinking about painting the silver cupholder insert black to match the radio and climate controls. What does everyone think?
Old 11-11-2011, 05:51 PM   #14
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaBuzz View Post
I'm thinking about painting the silver cupholder insert black to match the radio and climate controls. What does everyone think?
That plus black armrests (leather, neoprene, etc.) would look great.

Fink
Old 11-11-2011, 05:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
That plus black armrests (leather, neoprene, etc.) would look great.

Fink
I was considering the armrest cover too! Thanks for the feedback
Old 11-11-2011, 05:55 PM   #16
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaBuzz View Post
I was considering the armrest cover too! Thanks for the feedback
Definitely post up some pics when you're done!

Fink
Old 11-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #18

*Update, i stripped the oem silver paint off the cup holder assy down to the base black using Dot-3 brake fluid and steel wool. I was going to paint it black, but the base color underneath looks pretty decent . What do you think?
Old 11-12-2011, 04:03 PM   #19
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
whole thing looks awesome and i think the black cup holder will match pretty good. this is helpful because i am trying to get ahold of some seats and a console to stick in my reg cab. only question. how did you do the airbag sensor wiring? i read that they are not the same plugs and you have to switch some stuff up. is this true?
Old 11-12-2011, 04:19 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16TACO View Post
whole thing looks awesome and i think the black cup holder will match pretty good. this is helpful because i am trying to get ahold of some seats and a console to stick in my reg cab. only question. how did you do the airbag sensor wiring? i read that they are not the same plugs and you have to switch some stuff up. is this true?
None of the plugs match up. I reused the bench seat seatbelt buckles and I had to bypass the side curtain airbags with some resistors. the sensors can be bypassed. Check out the seat swap write-up in my sig. And if you have any other questions, feel free to pm me