LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Need help with 1st gen 5-lug lift

Old 11-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #21
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
Only experience I have with them is shocks. They had great customer service and actually called me before shipping to verify the information I provided about my truck. Got the right shocks the first time, which is much more than I can say about the 3 times O'Reilly gave me the wrong ones.
talked to them today about their uca's. awesome customer service. they said they might be willing to do a group buy if theres enough people ill call back tomorrow and get it set up and it wouldnt just be uppers you could buy the coils and uppers or their full kit. might start a thread on it in the gb section
Old 11-16-2011, 08:26 PM   #22
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUtigerfan View Post
For long story and background read lower paragraph.

For you people that want bare bones info start under this:
I've been looking around trying to find the Fabtech kits for the first gen 5-lugs and I'm not having any luck. I want the 3.5" coils and UCA and the 3" spindles so I'll have around 6" of lift and will probably run around a 32" tire. Does anybody know where I can find the UCA's and coils? It doesn't seem like anyones even selling them used anymore.

At this point I'm thinking I'll have to go with the Total Chaos Taquito kit which is badass don't get me wrong but its gonna cost me alot more than I wanted to spend.

Background and dilemma: I've had my 04 for about 3 years now and never did anything but slap some spacers in it when i was in high school. The whole college thing isn't working out for me right now so I'm taking some time off and working to figure out what I want to do before I waste more money half-assing my way through school.

Right now I'm working a job that will only allow me to support myself and rent a house with a few friends. I am looking for an entry level position at a good company but nothings materializing right now. I do have a $5500 student loan from a year I spent at Clemson last year that I want to get out from under. I won't be spending any money on the truck until I better job and can make a big enough monthly payment on the student loan to pay it off in 2 years. Any extra money after that will be saved and spent on another vehicle or the truck I have now.

With that being said I want a new vehicle or new to me. Its not practical for me to do so now I'm looking at lifting my truck again. Its a reliable truck and would probably be more practical lifted than anything I would buy. I thought I could piece together a 6" kit used but looks like most of these Fabtech kits are gone. For all of you thinking I'm a dumbass and don't have my priorities straight asking about lifting my truck you're exactly right but please keep reading if you can offer advice about lifting this truck (and life if you feel led to express your opinion).

So now I'm looking at the Total Chaos Taquito kit. I would want to run a spindle along with it to get around 7" of lift total. Total Chaos says the kit gives 4" and the spindle would give me another 3". My problem is I don't know what I would do for the rear. I have a feeling slapping an AAL and a longer shackle along with some decent resi's wouldn't cut it. So I need advice on where to get the Fabtech coils and UCA's (I can find another brand spindle) or what to do about pursuing this Total Chaos kit.

If you read all of this you deserve a medal or something but I appreciate any advice you guys have to offer.
if you have the money id get the Doetsch Tech kit or at least uppers and spindles to get you that bit more down travel you want plus the added height if we get enough people they are willing to cut us a deal. let me know and i can set it up
Old 11-17-2011, 02:16 PM   #23
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I say fuck it all and go full LT
Old 11-17-2011, 05:18 PM   #24
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

CUtigerfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I say fuck it all and go full LT
I'm accepting any type of funding you want to offer
Old 11-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #26
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaforlife View Post
what? LT! we live on the east coast
I still want it .... really bad
Old 11-17-2011, 05:45 PM   #28

Quote:
yea i wouldnt mind having it either i want some wider fiberglass fenders
my deterrent is the rear. even if i bought the bolt on taquito kit the rear would cost me twice as much.. don't know who could do it around here either
Old 11-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #29
tacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robbie
tacomaforlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
my deterrent is the rear. even if i bought the bolt on taquito kit the rear would cost me twice as much.. don't know who could do it around here either

well as far as putting it on me an you could do it a got alot of tools.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:54 PM   #30

Quote:
well as far as putting it on me an you could do it a got alot of tools.
I'm thinking the rear would have to be custom? I've never come across a bolt on rear lt kit. then again I've never done too much research into it... no need to drool over more truck parts.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:01 PM   #31
tacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robbie
tacomaforlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm thinking the rear would have to be custom? I've never come across a bolt on rear lt kit. then again I've never done too much research into it... no need to drool over more truck parts.

lol yea well im gonna try to get a welder for my b-day
Old 11-19-2011, 09:32 AM   #32
Gear Head
5LUGTACO is on a distinguished road

Name: David
5LUGTACO's Tacoma Gallery
My old tacoma with downey upper and lower arms, Doetsch tech spindle lift, total chaos cross shafts, and bilstein shocks
Old 11-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LUGTACO View Post
My old tacoma with downey upper and lower arms, Doetsch tech spindle lift, total chaos cross shafts, and bilstein shocks
You tease!! wheres the pic of the whole truck??
Old 11-23-2011, 09:56 PM   #34

Quote:
if you get the tc taquito kit it only cycles 11.5" for the rear you could do extended shackles and a deaver j59 leaf pack and youd be pretty close to even on travel and height
Old 11-24-2011, 09:27 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joels98taco View Post
if you get the tc taquito kit it only cycles 11.5" for the rear you could do extended shackles and a deaver j59 leaf pack and youd be pretty close to even on travel and height
Preciate the info but I really didn't need to know that... now you've got me thinking lt again
Old 11-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #36

haha it would be an awesome rear lift option as well. as for the front end i talked to carol at doetsch and she said they may be willing to do a group buy on ther 5 lug tacoma products and i emailed her about prices and such for everything. ill be picking up a set of their uca's here shortly if your interested to get something we can get a discount for buying in bulk
Old 11-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #37
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I think Carol is the lady I talked to too... She was very nice and helpful

I doubt we'd get enough takers for any large discount with our small following here... Maybe 5 at most

(And don't you dare try to drag me into it either )
Old 11-27-2011, 11:48 PM   #38

Quote:
I think Carol is the lady I talked to too... She was very nice and helpful

I doubt we'd get enough takers for any large discount with our small following here... Maybe 5 at most

(And don't you dare try to drag me into it either )
hey man a discount is a discount
and come on it would be for your own good
Old 11-28-2011, 10:36 PM   #39

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The last thing this college student needs is more money sunk into his truck (as I drop $350 on HID offroad lights and hopefully a Beefed skid whenever he gets one mocked up)
Old 11-28-2011, 11:22 PM   #40
87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of

87xjmike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LUGTACO View Post
what's up twin...

your the only other person i've seen with the same set up as mine. Can you elaborate on tc crossshaft? Is that behind the coil bucket? I noticed you took the uca cross bar that attaches to those tabs in the rear of the arm so i'm guessing that's what your refering to.

Yours looks like its set up super low. Did that even lift it much? I have twelve threads showing on beneath my coil and a 1/2" spacer behind the coil bucket to correct camber.

my set up

Products Discussed in this Thread