Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Help to Lift the Rear - 5LUG

Old 11-17-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
C.Brown is on a distinguished road
C.Brown's Tacoma Gallery
Help to Lift the Rear - 5LUG

Hi guys, finally I’m planning on lift the rear of my 5LUG (2011 2WD Ext. Cab) with the “FatBob’s” AAL and longer shocks (performance 8000); that's the best option to lift the rear? Or someone has a better option.

Thanks for the advise
Old 11-17-2011, 08:11 PM   #3
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
x2 AAL or LT are basically your options.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:27 PM   #4
npease28 is on a distinguished road
npease28's Tacoma Gallery
Easier and cheaper just to out air shocks on
Old 11-26-2011, 04:30 PM   #5
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Try to find custom leaf shackles.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:20 PM   #6
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
you could do the icon or deaver 3 leaf aal pack too
Old 11-28-2011, 10:31 PM   #7
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I think that is your only option... 1st gens can do shackles but I think 2nd gen started with the dumb inverted shackle design (so longer shackles would actually lower it) you couldn't lift with shackles unless you also got a shackle flip kit.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:36 PM   #8
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ahh i see. well that sucks. i guess leafs are the way to go!
Old 11-30-2011, 11:40 PM   #9
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
I think that is your only option... 1st gens can do shackles but I think 2nd gen started with the dumb inverted shackle design (so longer shackles would actually lower it) you couldn't lift with shackles unless you also got a shackle flip kit.
fyi there is a shackle flip kit, and it should work with 5 lugs as well as we have the same ones as the 6 lugs.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:00 PM   #10
C.Brown's Tacoma Gallery
OK, ready!!

ok thanks...... I'm ready, I just received the package from FAT BOB's, now I will install by myself, I found the torque specifications for rear suspension here in TCW......pictures soon!!!

Old 12-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #11
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
fyi there is a shackle flip kit, and it should work with 5 lugs as well as we have the same ones as the 6 lugs.
Yeah I knew I had seen somewhere on here that someone noticed the shackle mounts looked the same. Just wanted to warn the OP that shackles wouldn't work without them. But, OP, looks like you got it taken care of. Good luck and remember to show us pics when you're done!
Old 12-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #12
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
you do know es1000's are stock replacement right?
Old 12-08-2011, 09:36 PM   #13

The billy 5100s adjustable dont fit 5 lug 2nd gens do they?
Old 01-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #15
C.Brown's Tacoma Gallery
looks my baby!!

The Fat Bob's works perfect, now I have 1.5 almost 2 inches lifted….perfect and don't looks as loaded any more…

Old 01-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #16
NakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of light
NakedTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
looks good but yea its either aal or LT for the rear....i preferr the LT
Old 01-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #17
toned is on a distinguished road
toned's Tacoma Gallery
what sized tires do u have
Old 02-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #20
C.Brown's Tacoma Gallery
near guys....255/70R15, I'm working on my set of pictures...soon!!!