Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

5 lugger bs thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #201
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fender104 View Post
Can we put 5100 in the rear?
we can use the stock trd bilsteins in the rear so i would think 5100 would work. Idk they might be too long unless you lift the rear though
Old 02-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #202
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
Stock replacement 5100s yes but they will give you a harsher ride I would think
Old 02-04-2012, 04:40 PM   #203
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
I'm having trouble finding a 100k mile service list.

What all is normally on a 100k service?

I've never had a vehicle that was under 100k before this truck. lol
Old 02-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #204
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/docum...ai/51n1smt.pdf

this is what my truck came with just the online version
Old 02-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #205
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
http://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/docum...ai/51n1smt.pdf

this is what my truck came with just the online version
Right on.

I was going to do these things, overkill?

Front brake rotors (still on originals)
Front brake pads
Rear brake shoes (still on originals)
Oil change
ATF fluid flush
Rear diff oil change
Coolant flush
Spark plugs
New belt
Old 02-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #206
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

I would try to get those rotors turned again and the rear brakes last forever on these little trucks
Old 02-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #207
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joels98taco View Post
I would try to get those rotors turned again and the rear brakes last forever on these little trucks
My reasoning for replacing the parts.
Rotors have a pretty big lip from being worn down.
This truck was lowered and I drove it pretty hard.

Also, it straight does not stop in the dez.
I can feel the ABS working so hard to slow it down, but there's just no bite in the binders.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #208

If you drove it hard then you have the right list
Old 02-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #209
87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of

87xjmike's Tacoma Gallery
someone buy this...killer deal

http://www.race-dezert.com/classifie...tails&id=12808
Old 02-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #212
87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of

heres a great deal on the kit i'm currently running, great kit if you don't have the skrills for LT but wanna play a little harder that what stock allows.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ion-5-lug.html
Old 02-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #213
TRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
TRDChris's Tacoma Gallery
Truck took a hard hit on mpg with the 3 inch lift
Old 02-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDChris View Post
gotta pay to play, most lifted trucks will. partially why i'm considering going to a more modern full size v8 with LT. these four bangers get crappy ass mileage with little power to boot, kinda eliminating the reason to run the 4banger to begin with.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDChris View Post
shouldnt be too bad man my truck has steelies and heavy ass tires and im not complaining. look into a regear in the future.in the meantime just dont drive it like you stole it
Old 02-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87xjmike View Post
gotta pay to play, most lifted trucks will. partially why i'm considering going to a more modern full size v8 with LT. these four bangers get crappy ass mileage with little power to boot, kinda eliminating the reason to run the 4banger to begin with.
i think even a 3.0 or 4.0 engine will make a huge difference especially geared correctly
Old 02-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #217

Quote:
i think even a 3.0 or 4.0 engine will make a huge difference especially geared correctly
difference in what?
Old 02-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #218
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Right on.

I was going to do these things, overkill?

Front brake rotors (still on originals)
Front brake pads
Rear brake shoes (still on originals)
Oil change
ATF fluid flush
Rear diff oil change
Coolant flush
Spark plugs
New belt
Hey Ryan,

I don't know if you already had your 100k service work done.

Here is my 2 cents:

Front brake rotors - Yes, you can replace these.
Front brake pads - Brake pads are good until they get down to 2mm Rear brake shoes - Same as above, you can replace them when they get down to 2mm

**Most brake shops, including dealership offer free brake inspection, they can let you know how much brake depth is left.

Oil change - IMO, oil change every 6k-8k depends on how the engine has been running (towing or not towing)
ATF fluid flush - This can be done every 120k
Rear diff oil change - I change mine every 60k, but it can be done every 120k
Coolant flush - Yes, good to have it flushed at 100k
Spark plugs - The iridium spark plugs (in the 5 lugs) are good for 100k, so this would be a good time to replace them. FYI 6 lug spark plugs need to be replaced every 60k
New belt - I would check the belt every other oil change interval. I had to replace mine because it was cracking. Also a good idea to have an extra one inside the cab of the truck in case the one rips **knock on wood*
Old 02-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #219
TRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87xjmike View Post
tell me about it!!
Old 02-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #220

Quote:
shouldnt be too bad man my truck has steelies and heavy ass tires and im not complaining. look into a regear in the future.in the meantime just dont drive it like you stole it
but i did steal it.....shhh

Products Discussed in this Thread