LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

5 lugger bs thread

Old 12-10-2011, 06:39 PM   #41
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarine veteran and Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan James
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
So, we're lifting my 5-lugger today when we realized...these steel braided brake lines are way too short for a lift.

Are you guys running stock brake lines with a 3" lift?

2nd gen style, that is.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #42
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
they should be long enough. where did you get your lines?
Old 12-10-2011, 08:26 PM   #43
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joels98taco View Post
they should be long enough. where did you get your lines?
They're steel braided made for the X-Runner, of the Stop Tech variety.

I'm searching frantically (and dicking around on TW) looking for some stock front lines.

POOP!
Old 12-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #44
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

ohh thats right you were lowered huh? might have to go to the stealership or ask total chaos about brake lines for 2nd gens i emailed them and they told me the rears on 5 lugs and 6 lugs were the same maybe 2nd gens are the same too
Old 12-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #45
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
ohh thats right you were lowered huh? might have to go to the stealership or ask total chaos about brake lines for 2nd gens i emailed them and they told me the rears on 5 lugs and 6 lugs were the same maybe 2nd gens are the same too
Yeah. I found some Jeep take-offs on Craigslist.

I hope they work.

I might have to cannibalize some off of my buddy's truck since his is sans transmission at the moment.

He has a first gen. Fingers are crossed.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:55 PM   #47
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
jeep brake lines?
I'm under the impression most truck brake lines are the same diameter and design.

Ovally with a retainer clip and whatnot.

True story: called Autozone today, the dude said all of the brake lines he has are a yard long. lol
Old 12-10-2011, 08:57 PM   #48

lmao auto zone dudes are retarded! but no the fittings on different brands and models are very different
Old 12-12-2011, 05:42 PM   #49
Textbook Fucking Mental
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
5 Lug BS huh?

Buncha hooligans.

Yay!!!

Old 12-12-2011, 06:12 PM   #50

awesome lookin truck man whats the plans for it?
Old 12-13-2011, 01:53 AM   #51
Textbook Fucking Mental
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
awesome lookin truck man whats the plans for it?
Just drive the hell out of her. 50K on my way to 500K...only plan for now.

I really haven't done anything to the truck in awhile. I'm pretty happy the way she sits. I could stand to do a bit of touch up on some things but won't be happening until its warm again.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #52

nice im on 128k and running like new
Old 12-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #53
Textbook Fucking Mental

Oh sure, buy 4 sand bags for the truck and what happens? 50+ Degress in December...fuckin' figures.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:33 PM   #54

anyone know how to wire an aftermarket rpm guage in a 1st gen?
Old 12-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #55
87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of

87xjmike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
anyone know how to wire an aftermarket rpm guage in a 1st gen?
Your truck should already have a tach signal wire behind the glove box and most universal kits should tell you which one. You can buy a cheap vatozone unit and plug it to 12v power, ground, light and rpm wire.
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=268885_0_0_

Or get gauges from a 2.7 4x4 or sr5 that have a tach and wire that it.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:40 AM   #56
87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of

87xjmike's Tacoma Gallery
googled it real quick as i'm about to do this as well...

http://www.j5studios.com/projects/toyotatacomatach/
Old 12-18-2011, 12:26 AM   #58

hey mike i think the ball joint is mounted wrong on your truck. mine are on top of the lower mount on the spindle. i think your losing lift like that
Old 12-18-2011, 12:27 PM   #59
Mob parking lots.

Anybody need a Fat Bob's 3" spacer lift?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...acer-lift.html
Old 12-18-2011, 08:39 PM   #60
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Hey 5 luggers, a friend just bought a 05 4banger and he wants to lift it. But he wants to do a body lift... As I have heard a lot of negative feed back on them, I am trying to direct him in another direction. What would you guys recommend for an affordable lift?

Is there any alternatives that allow you to get a lift with out breaking the bank?

Is there any transferable parts such as a 6 lug to give him
a lift? (ex. A 4runner used land cruiser parts to gain a lift)

Any links or info will help thanks

Products Discussed in this Thread