Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

5 lugger bs thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #621
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joels98taco View Post
No cuz theres no 4x4 5 lugs lol you should beam your truck though
i'm tempted, i decided not to go LT since we'll be moving to mississippi.
i was telling dad about the new dodge 1500 with the v6 diesel and we decided we should do a diesel swap, and i googled around and there are some guys who SAS'd a 5 lugger, and i decided that if i go diesel i might as well go 4x4.

my current thoughts are a isuzu 3.9 (The 4BD2T is an indirect injection version of the 4BD1T that was also intercooled, it replaced the 4BD1T in the US market until about 1994.
Bore x Stroke 102 mm x 118 mm Displacement: 3,856 cc (235.3 cu in). Power was 100kw (135 SAE Gross HP) at 3,000rpm, torque was 345Nm (255 Ft-lbs SAE) at 2000rpm.) not sure on the tranny yet, and swapping the rear axle for a 8'' with elocker.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #622
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
If your gonna go through the hassle of an axle swap id go 9"
Old 02-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #623
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No cuz theres no 4x4 5 lugs lol you should beam your truck though
dafuq?
Old 03-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #625
roadtared is on a distinguished road
Navy: Served as communications and Base Police
Name: Ed
roadtared's Tacoma Gallery
Powertrax Lockright

Has anyone installed the Powertrax Lockright Locker on their 5 lugger? I like the looks and simplicity of it but wondering if anyone has any experience with it.
Attached Thumbnails
5 lugger bs thread-2013-03-12-10.20.32.jpg   5 lugger bs thread-2013-03-21-18.06.45.jpg  
Old 03-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #626
mr5lug is on a distinguished road
Name: john
mr5lug's Tacoma Gallery
i have been reading through all these awesome threads and learned alot but not enough. i am confused as to whether or not my stock rims will work with fabtech lift spindles. i have heard different things about back spacers and such. will i need and aftermarket rim? thanks and im looking forward to learning more!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #627
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

yes they will work with fabtech spindles
Old 03-29-2013, 10:00 PM   #628
mr5lug's Tacoma Gallery
thank you joel! the quality of my ride will remain stock with the spindles correct?
Old 03-30-2013, 05:31 AM   #629

Yes but it will widen the front track width 1.5 per side. With the 01+ wheels they will sit almost perfectly flush with the fenders
Old 03-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #630
mr5lug's Tacoma Gallery
i want my tires to stick out a little further. maybe 2 inches im not sure. i guess i want a meaner look . i found these rims.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cr...FQ8GnQodQw8A8A

what kind of tire clearance would i have with the new spindles? i was thinking 30x9.5 but im not sure. Please help me
Old 05-10-2013, 06:35 AM   #631
roadtared is on a distinguished road
Navy: Served as communications and Base Police
Name: Ed
roadtared's Tacoma Gallery
Front coils...on my '12 5 lugger

I was putting a set of coil spacers in my front springs to see how I liked the look of a little lift and while doin that I noticed that my drivers side only has 4 coils to the spring and the passenger side has 5 coils. I checked from different angles to be sure it wasnt an illusion or something but there is one less on my driver's side.
Has any one else noticed this on their 2nd gen 5 lugger? If so does anyone know the reason for it?
Attached Thumbnails
5 lugger bs thread-2013-05-10-08.59.20.jpg  
Old 05-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #632

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtared View Post
I was putting a set of coil spacers in my front springs to see how I liked the look of a little lift and while doin that I noticed that my drivers side only has 4 coils to the spring and the passenger side has 5 coils. I checked from different angles to be sure it wasnt an illusion or something but there is one less on my driver's side.
Has any one else noticed this on their 2nd gen 5 lugger? If so does anyone know the reason for it?
pics?
Old 05-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #633

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr5lug View Post
i want my tires to stick out a little further. maybe 2 inches im not sure. i guess i want a meaner look . i found these rims.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cr...FQ8GnQodQw8A8A

what kind of tire clearance would i have with the new spindles? i was thinking 30x9.5 but im not sure. Please help me
what will your truck mainly be used for? those wheels wont fit you need the 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern. depending on how far you want your front wheels to poke out then go from there as far as backspacing goes. 4.5 would be the closest to stock you can get on a 15x7. where are you located?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #634
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
the BAMF relocation works with 5luggers and SUA. 11" shock for stock length bump stops.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:03 AM   #636
Damn dirty Swede
EricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric Sven
EricTheRed's Tacoma Gallery
Forgive my newbishness...but why is a relocation of the rear shock necessary?
Old 05-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #637
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
any rubbing issues?
No, there's plenty of room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheRed View Post
Forgive my newbishness...but why is a relocation of the rear shock necessary?
Moves the top shock mounting point higher up so you can put a longer shock in there to increase travel.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #638
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by disc0monkey View Post
the BAMF relocation works with 5luggers and SUA. 11" shock for stock length bump stops.

God damnit. I convinced myself out of doing long travel because I absolutely cannot lose the bed space a cage would take up. Now you're convincing me that something like that would be "good enough"
Old 05-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #639

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
God damnit. I convinced myself out of doing long travel because I absolutely cannot lose the bed space a cage would take up. Now you're convincing me that something like that would be "good enough"
Well I heard there's no room in your wheel wells, so you may be safe.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #640
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah total brain fart haha I'm 1st gen. I was just kinda drooling on my keyboard looking at that then was like "hey dumbass your shocks are kinda on the other side of the frame"

In other bank-account draining news, check out what I found during my turbo research (still a long way down the road, just starting to explore my options right now)

http://www.theturboforums.com/thread...eye-Power-S480

I've come across lots of their parts for the 2rz in my searching. I like how all the guys in the thread (I'm sure are all domestic fans) have a boner for the little 2.4

Products Discussed in this Thread