Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

5 lugger bs thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #681
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgcutaco View Post
ughhhh... it rains about 4:00 pm almost everyday in the summer over here. There's always some mud somewhere around me. The best thing about me getting stuck was the truck that had pulled me out was a built 7.3 Powerstroke... pulling out a tiny little 5 lugger...hahahah
bahaha overkill
Old 07-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #682
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorAZ View Post
OK that makes sense currently i have sketchy shackles and an AAL but its nearly time for a new leaf pack and shackles.

Could i do something like the doetsch UCA's and coilovers?
Yeah, not sure what options we have for coilovers, I haven't looked into them but I believe the options are zero (as has been already said)

Joel probably has more experience here than me, I haven't broke stock shit like him so he obviously pushes his harder. I did break a ball joint but it was due to an encounter with a guard rail not offroading

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgcutaco View Post
Haven't really looked into it, but I thought we could only use the rears off of a TRD?
You can but it will lower you since 6 lugs are SOA and we're SUA. Their leaves have less arch to them

My truck has seen some mud time, I wish I had a video/pics of the day we got caught out in the rain. the little 5 lugger took it like a champ and climbed some unbelievable shit to get out of the woods, I along with the other guys I was with was amazed.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #683
the little red truck that could
outdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud of

Name: Alex
outdoorAZ's Tacoma Gallery
Do they even make an air locker that will fit a first gen 5-lug? i thought they didn't make any for our diff.

I was out backpacking one time and a massive rainstorm came in that afternoon, the next day it was insanely muddy on the forest road we drove in on, i just kept my speed up and made it out just fine. The truck was completely brown with sticks and clumps of dirt stuck on it but i never got stuck. it was actually pretty fun
Old 07-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #684
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do they even make an air locker that will fit a first gen 5-lug? i thought they didn't make any for our diff.

I was out backpacking one time and a massive rainstorm came in that afternoon, the next day it was insanely muddy on the forest road we drove in on, i just kept my speed up and made it out just fine. The truck was completely brown with sticks and clumps of dirt stuck on it but i never got stuck. it was actually pretty fun
Call ECGS... they'll know for sure
Old 07-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #685
outdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDuran View Post
Call ECGS... they'll know for sure
said they couldn't find one so probably just sol there.

I would get an aussie locker in a heartbeat if i didn't dd it and the majority of my miles weren't in the city
Old 07-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #686
Stormtrooper

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
said they couldn't find one so probably just sol there.

I would get an aussie locker in a heartbeat if i didn't dd it and the majority of my miles weren't in the city
yeah I was going to do lockrite but since mines a DD I did the ARB so I can turn it on and off
Old 07-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #687
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
They make one for a 7.5" front... will that one work for us?

I'm just going with the Aussie locker eventually. Everything else people have advised me against has worked out so I'm hoping it continues haha
Old 08-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #688
ramirezsergio63 is on a distinguished road

Name: Sergio
ramirezsergio63's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-02-2013, 12:30 AM   #689

An aussie locker is very tempting, especially because they are so cheap compared to other lockers, but since i DD my truck i just don't know if i want to put an auto locker in it. I wish ARB or somebody made a selectable locker for us.

I have heard the aussie is just fine for DDing as long as you don't have to deal with snow/ice but being in the valley i don't really have to worry about that so idk maybe it would be sweet.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #690
Stormtrooper

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
An aussie locker is very tempting, especially because they are so cheap compared to other lockers, but since i DD my truck i just don't know if i want to put an auto locker in it. I wish ARB or somebody made a selectable locker for us.

I have heard the aussie is just fine for DDing as long as you don't have to deal with snow/ice but being in the valley i don't really have to worry about that so idk maybe it would be sweet.
Hey man... I have an ARB Air locker.... compressor on, flip my rear locker on, good to go... then flip off when I don't use it... easy peasy
Old 08-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #691

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDuran View Post
Hey man... I have an ARB Air locker.... compressor on, flip my rear locker on, good to go... then flip off when I don't use it... easy peasy
I would do that in a heartbeat if they made one for 1st gen 5 lugs! But no such luck
Old 08-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #692
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Doetch possibly makes a CO for the 1st gen 5 lugs, you'd have to call to confirm.

Anybody need a extra set of wheels? http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...ug-wheels.html
Old 08-14-2013, 03:34 AM   #693
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
2nd gen 5 Lug...

How far apart are the leaf spring mounting bolts? I could measure I guess, feeling lazy.

I keep going down to the junkyard and seeing SUA Jeeps and wondering if I couldn't use the leafs off them.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #694

I saw a sweet 5 lugger today at fashionsquare, the guy was building it up to be a desert runner. No long travel but new ucas coils and he said he put a stroker kit in it. But what caught my attention the most was the bed was white, cab was red, blue wrapped doors and a desert style tube bumper!
Old 08-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #695

^thing was so random that it was awesome
Old 09-05-2013, 01:04 PM   #696
jacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jacob
jacobigindi's Tacoma Gallery
quick question
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post7389986
Will this diff fit my 2nd gen 5 lug with the locker and everything? also can anyone confirm if the gears in it are 4.10? and will it still work if i have the electronic LSD? or would i just have to turn it off when i'm using the locker?
thanks
Old 09-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #697
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobigindi View Post
quick question
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post7389986
Will this diff fit my 2nd gen 5 lug with the locker and everything? also can anyone confirm if the gears in it are 4.10? and will it still work if i have the electronic LSD? or would i just have to turn it off when i'm using the locker?
thanks
It should fit your 5-lug but the gear ratio isn't 4.10 in that diff. He said it has stock +05 v6 gears which is 3.73 ratio. Besides he says he'll need your stock third member which in your case will have 3.13 or 3.58 which is too high for his truck.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #698

limited slip diff?? I'd love a selectable locker which was talked about recently above.. but nobody makes one and I DD my truck so auto lockers aren't ideal. So what about a limited slip?
Old 09-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #699
jacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jacob
jacobigindi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
limited slip diff?? I'd love a selectable locker which was talked about recently above.. but nobody makes one and I DD my truck so auto lockers aren't ideal. So what about a limited slip?
some of the 5 lugs (i dont know if you have to have the SR5 package or something) come with electronic LSD's which is basically just a system that brakes one wheel or the other based on traction so power can go to the other side. It kinda has nothing to do with the diff itself so it's a bit of a misleading name haha

3:45 of this video shows how it works
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIGvhvOhLHU
Old 09-21-2013, 02:04 AM   #700

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobigindi View Post
some of the 5 lugs (i dont know if you have to have the SR5 package or something) come with electronic LSD's which is basically just a system that brakes one wheel or the other based on traction so power can go to the other side. It kinda has nothing to do with the diff itself so it's a bit of a misleading name haha

3:45 of this video shows how it works
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIGvhvOhLHU
nope I have an open diff and nothing fancy like that but I wonder if I could set up a split e brake to "make" a poor mans auto. Separate left and right e-brake levers like some buggies have.. It allow me to stop the spinning wheel and force the power to the other one. That would be one unique mood I think

Products Discussed in this Thread