Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

5 lugger bs thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-14-2014, 04:56 PM   #861
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
haha I have mine on bakcwards and they don't touch the frame.

I might be selling mine soon too.

Well the struts were contacting the UCA at full droop, I know I'm not "mobbin' the dez" like Phil said haha, but I would rather have shit positioned right in the case of a big ass pothole so I don't snap the rod end off my strut on the highway.

Fat Bobs is also sending the steel sleeves that insert into the bushing on the rear shock so the mount bolt fits snug, which they completely f'ing forgot to send three times in a row.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:01 PM   #862
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by F16TACO View Post
Well the struts were contacting the UCA at full droop.
Mine did that for 4 years, minus the struts being complete shit by the end of those 4 years nothing major failed.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:04 PM   #863
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dammit View Post
Mine did that for 4 years, minus the struts being complete shit by the end of those 4 years nothing major failed.

Congratulations.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:08 PM   #864
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks dick
Old 01-14-2014, 05:15 PM   #865
NakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of light
NakedTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Just buy my truck ... Has the mid travel and LSD already installed! Lol
Old 01-15-2014, 08:25 AM   #866
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedTacoma View Post
Just buy my truck ... Has the mid travel and LSD already installed! Lol
Did you ever put that beefy clutch in it? Want to know how the pedal felt with that beefier pressure plate.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:26 AM   #868
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDuran View Post
who needs ass holes?!
When you got Phil Dammit
Old 01-15-2014, 10:59 AM   #870
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dammit View Post
Thanks dick

Didn't even see that. Well played.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:04 AM   #872
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16TACO View Post
Didn't even see that. Well played.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:33 PM   #873
the little red truck that could
outdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
outdoorAZ's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.lceperformance.com/mobile...t.aspx?id=4870

Tube doors on a 5lug? I know their more for rock crawlers but I think it would be awesome.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:47 AM   #874
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Are the middle consoles in the Automatic SR5 5 lugs the same middle console that's in the 6 lug automatic's?

They look the same, waned to check and ask however.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:49 PM   #875
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: RM/ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
Are the middle consoles in the Automatic SR5 5 lugs the same middle console that's in the 6 lug automatic's?

They look the same, waned to check and ask however.
No.

Auto 5 lug and manual 6-lug and manual 5-lug are the same position.

The auto 6 lug is the one that's different.

Stock 5 lug AT w/bucket seats:

6 lug AT trim:

6 lug or 5 lug MT trim:

Old 01-20-2014, 04:37 PM   #876
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ Thanks homie. Did you find out they were different the hard way?

So if in the future I was to call LKQ, I would need to have them find me a console from an A/T SR5 5 lug truck??

I hate to kind of beat the topic up or ask the same question twice, but from the looks of it, a console is surprisingly expensive, so I'd like make sure I was ordering the correct thing before I ordered it.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:01 PM   #877

Any 5 luggers have the blank for the power side mirror switch spot laying around? Maybe you installed aftermarkets switches there or something, have that little piece laying around.

Tired to cut out the inside of mine to put switches in it and broke it. Still 100% usable and being used, but would like to give it another shot.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:34 PM   #878
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Chris:
You might want to try a junk yard and look at any of the Toyotas. I believe the blank and the switch were used on a lot of different Toyota's.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:59 PM   #879
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: RM/ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, I learned the hard way.

But I learned it from a junkyard, maybe threw $50 away.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:31 PM   #880

There is a set of 3.73s with LSD from a 07 4x4 sport I could pick up at the moment for a really good price.

Or

I could grab a Powertrax No-Slip.

Which route would be wiser?

I would have a flange issue if I picked up the 3.73s & LSD however, would I not?

Products Discussed in this Thread