Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

5 lugger bs thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-03-2014, 10:34 PM   #1021
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorAZ View Post
Does anybody know if 5 lugs use the same width leaf pack as prerunners/4x4s? Need to know for 1st gens
Toyota doesn't change much in their specs from model to model. So I am going to say that I am 99.9999% sure the packs are the same. And if for some reason they aren't, then your ubolts will have a slight angle to them.

Toyota works with top of the line engineering and simplicity at the same time.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:13 AM   #1022
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Does anybody know if 5 lugs use the same width leaf pack as prerunners/4x4s? Need to know for 1st gens
Yes they do. I had 4x4 leaf packs on my 5 lug and they fit just fine.

But keep in mind a 4x4 or Prerunner stock leaf pack will LOWER the rear of a 5 lug anywhere up to about 1.25 inch, depending on how wore out the leafs are. this is because 5 lugs are spring under axle and 4x4s are spring over axle, so the 4x4 leafs are not arched as high as a five lugs leafs.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:14 AM   #1023
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by F16TACO View Post
Yes they do. I had 4x4 leaf packs on my 5 lug and they fit just fine.

But keep in mind a 4x4 or Prerunner stock leaf pack will LOWER the rear of a 5 lug anywhere up to about 1.25 inch, depending on how wore out the leafs are. this is because 5 lugs are spring under axle and 4x4s are spring over axle, so the 4x4 leafs are not arched as high as a five lugs leafs.
DERP!! Missed the 1st gen thing at the end. But for anyone wondering, this is applicable to second gens. My bad.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:02 AM   #1024
the little red truck that could
outdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud of

outdoorAZ's Tacoma Gallery
No worries man thank you for the reply anyway, it may still hold true!
Old 07-11-2014, 12:21 AM   #1025
outdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud of

So to get the stock (or close to it) gear ratio back with 31's what gears should I get? I really don't know anything about differentials
Old 07-11-2014, 06:23 AM   #1026
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery

Just match up your RPMs here...
Old 07-11-2014, 11:43 AM   #1027

In these trucks 4th gear is a 1:1 from engine to driveshaft right?
Old 07-11-2014, 11:54 AM   #1028
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
3rd is. I guess I'm not sure if it's exact but watch your needles when your're shifting. 3rd gear they stay parallel (or damn close to it)
Old 07-16-2014, 04:21 AM   #1030
I <3 Pink Tacos
JawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
JawKnee's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody need lift spindles for their first gen 5 lug? I just upgraded and looking to sell mine cheap!
Old 07-17-2014, 08:30 AM   #1031
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
3rd is. I guess I'm not sure if it's exact but watch your needles when your're shifting. 3rd gear they stay parallel (or damn close to it)
That's not how it works dude...
Old 07-17-2014, 08:34 AM   #1032
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So to get the stock (or close to it) gear ratio back with 31's what gears should I get? I really don't know anything about differentials
(new tire size/old tire size) X old gear ratio = new gear ratio

Depending on all of the numbers you may get a number for your new ratio that no one makes. At that point you just find one that is closest to it, or even a little higher or lower depending on your personal preference.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:55 AM   #1033

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanglingFury View Post
That's not how it works dude...
Seemed logical to me...
Old 07-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #1034
5 lugger!
mrpatar is on a distinguished road
mrpatar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawKnee View Post
Anybody need lift spindles for their first gen 5 lug? I just upgraded and looking to sell mine cheap!
I call dibs how much? PM sent!
Old 07-17-2014, 01:54 PM   #1035
I <3 Pink Tacos
JawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
JawKnee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpatar View Post
I call dibs how much? PM sent!
$125, but I'd prefer to sell local to avoid shipping.

-edit I forgot that they were drilled out to 3/8" to accept an upper uniball instead of ball joints.

Products Discussed in this Thread