Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

5 Lug Regearing BS and Info

Old 12-21-2011, 11:48 PM   #41
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen 5 lugs use the 7.5 and the older toyota pickup minis use the 7.5 diff. i know this because brian (beefed taco) used an 80s pickup axle because its narrower. but he swapped over brakes and 3rd fron his tacoma axle.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #42
TacoMeat is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
TacoMeat's Tacoma Gallery
Another option is to buy a third member built with a locker and the gear ratio you want. ECGS sells these as well. http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-788...undra-3rd.html This way you can just change out your third member.[/QUOTE]

In searching for the 8.4" third member assemblies I came across the Just Differentials website. Looks like they could also set up anything you want. Not too cheap though. Just thought I'd mention it.

http://www.justdifferentials.com/ind...9807e30cb0b61b
Old 03-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #43
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedTacoma View Post
18 w off road tires is dumb lol sell ur rims and get some 15/16. No one runs 18's
Hmmm, I guess I am nobody and dumb with my 18" rims. Thanks for the comment.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #44
NakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of light
NakedTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Taco View Post
Hmmm, I guess I am nobody and dumb with my 18" rims. Thanks for the comment.
Yea you are ... Most Trophy truck run 17 and they r seeing more harsh roads then u Will ever see not to mention the stress on ur stock wheelbearings with 18inch rims plus tires . So stfu and gtfo
Old 03-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #45
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
Whoa hey now you're not supposed to be an asshole, I AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #46
NakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of light
NakedTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlescars View Post
Whoa hey now you're not supposed to be an asshole, I AM.
We can share lol
Old 04-13-2012, 11:41 PM   #47
bronzetaco19 is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
bronzetaco19's Tacoma Gallery
so this may seem like a dumb question, but iam confused on what diff is in my 5 lug. its an 03 with the 2.4, do i have the 7.5, the 8, or the 8.4?
Old 08-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #48
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
just installed my 4.10s last night with 245/75s. speedo didn't match up. either going to go up in tire size or look for a set of 3.90s.

Anyone have a 3.90 ring and pinion wanna trade for my 4.10 full 3rd member.

2hrs to install, But man it feels good to have the truck zip around again.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #49
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by disc0monkey View Post
just installed my 4.10s last night with 245/75s. speedo didn't match up. either going to go up in tire size or look for a set of 3.90s.

If you have a manual tranny you can replace the speedo gear in the transmission with the one from 2nd gen 4cyl 4wd/prerunner.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:31 AM   #50
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a View Post
If you have a manual tranny you can replace the speedo gear in the transmission with the one from 2nd gen 4cyl 4wd/prerunner.
thanks, do you have a part number for one?
Old 08-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #51
87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of

87xjmike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Dude man, Gearing Numericaly lower for speedo correct is blasphemous. Just go slower and enjoy the tourque increase.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #52
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks, do you have a part number for one?
Yes I have one for the speedo gear, let me find it.

Here it is: 33403-39365
Old 08-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87xjmike View Post
Dude man, Gearing Numericaly lower for speedo correct is blasphemous. Just go slower and enjoy the tourque increase.
I should've worded differently BC I wanted the gearing more like a stock 5lug which i would think maximize mpgs and the 4.10s seem to give more pep and towing capability.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #54
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronzetaco19 View Post
so this may seem like a dumb question, but iam confused on what diff is in my 5 lug. its an 03 with the 2.4, do i have the 7.5, the 8, or the 8.4?
Old 08-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #55

just got 23.5 mpg corrected, mixed city/highway with 4.10s and 245/75 revo 2s. seems like the gears help mpgs around town eliminating the lugging.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #56
CAPABLE5LUG805 is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
CAPABLE5LUG805's Tacoma Gallery
Alright alright alright fellas... i have a 011 Ac with the 2.7 and the automatic haha. I plan on running 245/75/15 all weather tires on black method race wheels. The truck has the original tires on it and i already think it needs 410s, so should i plan on using 456s? Again its a automatic and id like to gain more cruisability in cruise control.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:04 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPABLE5LUG805 View Post
Alright alright alright fellas... i have a 011 Ac with the 2.7 and the automatic haha. I plan on running 245/75/15 all weather tires on black method race wheels. The truck has the original tires on it and i already think it needs 410s, so should i plan on using 456s? Again its a automatic and id like to gain more cruisability in cruise control.
put the ratio the stock 4cyl auto prerunner has, i don't know what it is but hopefully someone will chime in.

4.10 is what the 4cyl 5spd pr has, at first i didn't like it, but now i do and feel like toyota found the sweet spot for torque and mpgs. do the same only for the auto.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #58
roadtared is on a distinguished road
Navy: Served as communications and Base Police
Name: Ed
roadtared's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, didn't know where else to ask this question so I hope someone has the answer here. I had the rear end of my '12 5 lug reg cab automatic jacked up today and noticed that if I turn the wheel forward on the drivers side the passengers side wheel turns backward(in neutral or in drive) so I went around and tried it on the passenger side and when I turn the passenger side wheel the drivers side does nothing. Is this normal? Also, I do have the ALSD(don't know if that's a factor or not). There seems to be a lot of knowledge on here so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Old 11-26-2013, 07:49 AM   #59
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Typically with open diff the wheels will spin opposite of each other like you said, so I'd say your diff is open. I don't know why the driver's side didn't move, but if you had an LSD or auto locker it would've spun the same direction as the other wheel.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:29 AM   #60
roadtared is on a distinguished road
Navy: Served as communications and Base Police
Name: Ed
roadtared's Tacoma Gallery
diffrential

Thanks MowTaco... I appreciate the info. Have a happy Thanksgiving!