Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

5 Lug Regearing BS and Info

Old 03-01-2014, 09:44 AM   #61
the little red truck that could
outdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud of

Name: Alex
outdoorAZ's Tacoma Gallery
I've been running 31's for as long as I've had the truck and want to regear, what gears would I have to put in to bring it back to the stock ratio?

Does anybody know about taking the LSD out of a supra and putting it in these trucks?
Old 03-02-2014, 06:35 PM   #62
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
what gears do you have currently? the old supra and mustang 3rds will fit.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:40 PM   #63
the little red truck that could
outdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud of

Name: Alex
outdoorAZ's Tacoma Gallery
I have whatever came stock in the truck right now, want to regear and would love an lsd.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:04 PM   #64
navin is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Ret.
navin's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for some advice, 2014 2.7l 5 lug 5 speed, 3.31 rear ratio as I understand it. I've been playing with a gear calc and tire sizes quite a bit.

I was guessing I'd be going to 4.10s based on my previous regears on Jeeps and Mustangs, but it looks like the 3.5 rear from an auto would be a possible choice, or the 3.73 ratio looks spot on.

Anyone re-gear with close to stock, or 27/28" tires for towing?

I'll be doing 55 under tow, top cruise at 70 MPH is fine.

Thanks for any advice.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:46 PM   #65
ihatecorollas is on a distinguished road
ihatecorollas's Tacoma Gallery
Bumping this thread from the dead. I need advice.

I have some rad wheels sitting from my truck drifting days that I want to throw on my truck. Specs:

17x10 -12 offset. I would like to run 265/65/17 General grabber at2 on there. (Equates to 30.5in tire) (Currently running General grabber at2 on stock 5 lug wheels. Manual transmission.)

Regarding rubbing, I will have a three inch lift up front. Regarding the tire calculator: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tir...5r15-265-65r17

It appears my gearing will be at the "no torque, good gas mileage" end of the spectrum.

I do use a tow dolly to tow my drift car (ae86, light) & spare tires, canopy, about 6 times a year.

Does this merit a re gear? Or should I just man up 6 times a year or so?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:57 PM   #66
dcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ehren
dcvt16's Tacoma Gallery
I ran 4.56 gears on 31s (grabber at2) the whole time i was mid travel. At 75-80mph the rpms were right at 3k. I feel it helped the alot everywhere but hwy speed in los angeles. Now that im on 33s it feels perfect with the 4.56. I'd recommend you run 4.10.

My fuel milage sucked on stock gears, i was always downshifting on the hwy..

My manual transmission 5 lug had 3.30s from the factory. Once I went 31s it was a challenge just getting the truck rolling from a stop in 1st.

East coast gear supply sent me a 3rd member all set up with the limited slip, i installed in about 2 hours. They won't take the 5 lug core though, something about it not working in 6 lug trucks. The one they send is a t100 3rd i believe.

Did you get the suspension yet? I also emailed those instructions, ill send you a pic of where a good place to mount the resivoirs.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:20 PM   #67
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcvt16 View Post
I ran 4.56 gears on 31s (grabber at2) the whole time i was mid travel. At 75-80mph the rpms were right at 3k. I feel it helped the alot everywhere but hwy speed in los angeles. Now that im on 33s it feels perfect with the 4.56. I'd recommend you run 4.10.

My fuel milage sucked on stock gears, i was always downshifting on the hwy..

My manual transmission 5 lug had 3.30s from the factory. Once I went 31s it was a challenge just getting the truck rolling from a stop in 1st.

East coast gear supply sent me a 3rd member all set up with the limited slip, i installed in about 2 hours. They won't take the 5 lug core though, something about it not working in 6 lug trucks. The one they send is a t100 3rd i believe.

Did you get the suspension yet? I also emailed those instructions, ill send you a pic of where a good place to mount the resivoirs.
Excellent information bud. I thank you again for the response, & for pointing me in the right direction. I'll check out east coast gear supply.

Suspension came in today to my old mans place so I haven't had a chance to look at it. Also, I received the install instructions today. Im really stoked. Thanks again man.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:12 AM   #68
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) USS La Jolla (SSN 701) Veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatecorollas View Post
Bumping this thread from the dead. I need advice.

I have some rad wheels sitting from my truck drifting days that I want to throw on my truck. Specs:

17x10 -12 offset. I would like to run 265/65/17 General grabber at2 on there. (Equates to 30.5in tire) (Currently running General grabber at2 on stock 5 lug wheels. Manual transmission.)

Regarding rubbing, I will have a three inch lift up front. Regarding the tire calculator: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tir...5r15-265-65r17

It appears my gearing will be at the "no torque, good gas mileage" end of the spectrum.

I do use a tow dolly to tow my drift car (ae86, light) & spare tires, canopy, about 6 times a year.

Does this merit a re gear? Or should I just man up 6 times a year or so?

Thanks in advance.

There's always this option, just sayin'...

http://urdusa.com/store/Forced-Induc...duct_info.html
Old 10-02-2014, 12:02 PM   #69
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
There's always this option, just sayin'...

http://urdusa.com/store/Forced-Induc...duct_info.html

That's about $4,000 to expensive. Bet I could blow up some headgaskets with this: http://www.ozboost.com.au/product/en...-fe-turbo-kit/

Still cheaper than a re-gear: http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-189...ckage-kit.html
Old 10-02-2014, 12:06 PM   #70
4 Bangin' SOB
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's about $4,000 to expensive. Bet I could blow up some headgaskets with this: http://www.ozboost.com.au/product/en...-fe-turbo-kit/
hmmm does this work with the american models??
Old 10-02-2014, 12:07 PM   #71
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) USS La Jolla (SSN 701) Veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Both?

If I knew anything at all about boozt, it would be on by now. lol
Old 10-02-2014, 12:15 PM   #72
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE STRAIT View Post
hmmm does this work with the american models??
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Both?

If I knew anything at all about boozt, it would be on by now. lol
Don't know much about it. For 2k though you could have the setup custom fabbed.