Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Replace bench seats in 1st generation?

Old 12-22-2011, 05:34 PM   #1
southern4banger is on a distinguished road

southern4banger's Tacoma Gallery
Replace bench seats in 1st generation?

Been doing some research on this but not really much on the 1st generation ones... So from what I've read the seats from a first generation Tacoma with bucket seats will(assuming you can find them in a
Junk yard) fit fairly easily into my Tacoma? I don't believe the bench seats have passenger sensors so I wouldn't have to worry about the wiring...
Old 12-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I did this conversion on my 97, bolted right in. You might have to change out the seatbelt recievers depending on what year seat you find. I put 2004 seats in my 1997 and the recievers were different, but the belts themselves were fine.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:46 PM   #3
southern4banger is on a distinguished road

southern4banger's Tacoma Gallery
Where would you find the seatbelt receivers, would I have to order them online? Or I read that you could shave down the actual buckle and that would work... What did you do?
Old 12-23-2011, 05:11 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I did the same thing in my 96 (extended cab manual)

I found a set in a junkyard from a Reg cab (same era).....seats & console.

Seats bolted right in.

The only problem was the center console didn't fit flush to the floor (tranny hump). It rocked slightly even after it was bolted in. Didn't bother me any.....

If you find seats in a junkyard, then you should be able to find the seatbelt receivers from the junkyard also.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:02 AM   #5
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
All I ended up doing was changing the seat belt recievers from my bench seat to the new bucket seats, only problem I had was I didn't get a warning light on the dash when the belts weren't plugged in. Not a problem to me, I always wear them anyway.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #6
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
I know in the 2nd gen, you can just grind off a tiny bit, and the bench buckle clips right into the bucket receptacle. might work on the 1st gen too.