Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Fatbobs lift - not completely happy.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2012, 05:53 AM   #21
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
A simple shackle or 1 inch block would do the trick. I'm not sure if it's considered sag, it's simply a taller lift to the front suspension. Unless you have de-arched leaf springs they should be fine with an additional piece to add an inch.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:16 AM   #22
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1234 View Post
In that case it might work for me as well. Mine sags about an inch without load as well. Let me know how it turns out. This may be our only option.

So you think the airbags will add an inch without load and can be adjusted to decrease the sag when you do have load.
Exactly. I will definitely keep you posted on this.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:18 AM   #23
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
A simple shackle or 1 inch block would do the trick. I'm not sure if it's considered sag, it's simply a taller lift to the front suspension. Unless you have de-arched leaf springs they should be fine with an additional piece to add an inch.
Ummm yeah, please read the earlier posts.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:39 AM   #24
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
A block will not work on the 5-lug setup, but will a longer shackle be an option? That would be cheap if it will work.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:46 AM   #25
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Taco View Post
Ummm yeah, please read the earlier posts.
Ummm yeah, I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post
A block will not work on the 5-lug setup, but will a longer shackle be an option? That would be cheap if it will work.
I can't read anything, or I'd try to help.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #26
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ummm yeah, I did.
Then you didn't read closely enough. I agree with you on the shackle (that's what I have for rear lift on my 5 lug) but we have already discussed how 5 luggers are sprung under and blocks actually lower them.

Anyway, OP, I second the shackles. Great option for height without affecting your ride. They also allow for more rear axle articulation.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #27
Rob1234 is on a distinguished road
Rob1234's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
Then you didn't read closely enough. I agree with you on the shackle (that's what I have for rear lift on my 5 lug) but we have already discussed how 5 luggers are sprung under and blocks actually lower them.

Anyway, OP, I second the shackles. Great option for height without affecting your ride. They also allow for more rear axle articulation.
So shackles are an option for a 2nd generation 5 lug? I can't seem to find any. Anybody know a source?
Old 01-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #28
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1234 View Post
So shackles are an option for a 2nd generation 5 lug? I can't seem to find any. Anybody know a source?
Interesting. I have also searched and it appears that the shackles are only available for 95-04, not for 2nd gen.
I don't know what is so different that they would not be bale to use shackle lifts on the 2nd gen.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #29

I looked into the shackle flip option as well and it would put my driveshaft at a bad angle if these kits did exist for the 5 lug, but they do not. Air bags will be on my truck this Saturday, wait to see what happens.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #30
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Shit... I forgot 2nd gens have the shackles flipped upside down so longer shackles would again lower the truck. I can't speak on the driveline angle issues but I know someone noticed the shackle mounts are identical-looking between 5 and 6 lug trucks. You should verify it before purchasing, but theoretically you could buy the flip kit and longer shackles that fit a 6 lug and it should work.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #31
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
there has to be another option for lifting the rear of your truck if its a 5 lug..... id call around.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #32
Rob1234's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Johns Taco;4464761]I looked into the shackle flip option as well and it would put my driveshaft at a bad angle if these kits did exist for the 5 lug, but they do not. Air bags will be on my truck this Saturday, wait to see what happens. [/

Hey John, based on the reviews i have been reading including 2 reviews from
2ng gen tacoma owners I think this will give us at least an inch and a better ride. One Tacoma reviewer said the air lift solved his saging aal problem.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #33

[QUOTE=Rob1234;4476467]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Taco View Post
I looked into the shackle flip option as well and it would put my driveshaft at a bad angle if these kits did exist for the 5 lug, but they do not. Air bags will be on my truck this Saturday, wait to see what happens. [/

Hey John, based on the reviews i have been reading including 2 reviews from
2ng gen tacoma owners I think this will give us at least an inch and a better ride. One Tacoma reviewer said the air lift solved his saging aal problem.
Cool, can't wait till tomorrow! Should have my airbags installed this time Saturday, will post a lot of pics of the install on TW Live.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #34

The air lift turned out to be a big piece of crap, it's built cheap and I am super pissed I wasted my money on it. Have some broken air line fittings on my table right now that get ripped off if your tire leaves the ground, turns out no one in town sells them. Should have bought the Firestone kit.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #35
Rob1234's Tacoma Gallery
What? That sucks! It did get rid of the bro look right? did it improve the ride? would you be able to fix the problem and get the product to work for you?

Products Discussed in this Thread