LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Front Spacer Lift on a 5-Lug

Old 02-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
7.62x63mm
goufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NAVAIR
Name: Michael
goufcustom's Tacoma Gallery
Front Spacer Lift on a 5-Lug

I have a friend with a 5-Lug Tacoma 2006, Auto, 2wd, and he wants to do a front spacer lift, I was wondering if the front spacers used for the 6 lug gen 2 Tacomas are the same as the 5 lug spacers? Or is there a difference in hole pattern, spacing and diameters?

I know spacer lifts are frowned at here, but that is his budget and it is a road going truck only, just doing this for looks and of course loss of MPGs .

Thanks
Old 02-23-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a link to ryanjboutin, who is selling some strut spacer that will fit on your friend's truck.

The front suspension between the 5lug and 6lug Tacomas are different. Yes, there is a different in diameter and length in struts.

As for spacer lifts, the 6lugs are the ones that have bad ride quality whereas the 5lugs are not bad whatsoever. I have had my kit for over 2 years and it still runs great. I would suggest your friend replace the OEM strut with some aftermarket ones, like Bilstein HD.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
7.62x63mm
goufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NAVAIR
Name: Michael
goufcustom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
Here is a link to ryanjboutin, who is selling some strut spacer that will fit on your friend's truck.

The front suspension between the 5lug and 6lug Tacomas are different. Yes, there is a different in diameter and length in struts.

As for spacer lifts, the 6lugs are the ones that have bad ride quality whereas the 5lugs are not bad whatsoever. I have had my kit for over 2 years and it still runs great. I would suggest your friend replace the OEM strut with some aftermarket ones, like Bilstein HD.
Thanks, I knew the struts were very different just from looking at them they are very different. But the bolt pattern at the top of the strut for the spacer looks so similar... I was hoping it was the same, since used 6lug spacers are so much easier to find for cheap.

I have a spacer on my 6lug and don't notice a difference in ride, but I am saving for new struts, since my factory ones are 100k plus so that may be why I don't notice the difference. And my 2" lift cost me sub $100 because I got it all used, for a temporary install. Was hoping to help my friend get his 5lug lift kit used and cheap like mine.