Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Got Some New Wheels, In need of direction

Old 03-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #1
Fly rod in one hand, hockey stick in the other
fgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
fgcutaco's Tacoma Gallery
Got Some New Wheels, In need of direction

Got these awhile ago on kind of an impulse buy, bought all 4 for cheap off CL. I've been doing a little research, and I can't find the wheels in the same pattern, size, offset and everything online. The label on the box 5X114.3, which is correct, offset is 20mm, and size is 15"X8". not sure if its just a screwed up label or if I got screwed? Maybe I haven't been looking hard enough on the net, but I figure I'd turn to you guys cause you know more about these trucks than some local shops.

Any insight is greatly appreciated
Old 03-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
tacomadave is on a distinguished road
tacomadave's Tacoma Gallery
Probably just an older wheel in a size not made anymore, or the label is wrong.

I say bolt one up, if it fits, it fits.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
Thorpedo26 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon Thorpe
Thorpedo26's Tacoma Gallery
How do you think you got screwed? Bolt pattern is correct to fit, 15x8 is a good size, and not sure about the offset may need a spacer?
Old 03-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #4
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
They are the KMC enduros, the only reason I mention it is because you got them off craigslist and may or may not know what they are called. At one point, I recall someone mentioning that they were discontinued. That may be the reason you cant find them online.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking wheels!
Old 03-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
Time Traveler
MartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ROB
MartyMcfly's Tacoma Gallery
They're only made in small batches.

They're always on back order.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #7
87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of

87xjmike's Tacoma Gallery
How are we sposed to help you if you didn't even post a proper question...? Just bolt em up to see if they'll work. They look preety schweet
Old 03-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #8
Time Traveler
MartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ROB
MartyMcfly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87xjmike View Post
How are we sposed to help you if you didn't even post a proper question...? Just bolt em up to see if they'll work. They look preety schweet

15's don't normally work on 2nd gens... not enough clearance for the calipers.

But, he could probably get a pretty penny for them since the wheels are becoming hard to find and look bad-ass.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #9
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcfly View Post

But, he could probably get a pretty penny for them since the wheels are becoming hard to find and look bad-ass.
15's have a better chance of fitting on the 5 lugs.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:14 PM   #10
Gear Head
5LUGTACO is on a distinguished road

Name: David
5LUGTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Sell them to me
Old 03-29-2012, 04:19 AM   #11
Street is just really niceStreet is just really niceStreet is just really niceStreet is just really nice

Name: jon
Street's Tacoma Gallery
Shit i'll buy them if you dont want them and I'll trow you my old one's too
Old 03-29-2012, 04:37 AM   #12
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
They look like flowers haha
Old 04-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #14
Midnight Drifter is on a distinguished road
Name: Anthony
Midnight Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
They look like a pain to keep clean, else I'd be all over them.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #15
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcfly View Post

If thats the case then why do the stock 5 lugs read 215/70/15?

Here's what you do op. Jack your truck up, remove front wheel, take new impulse buy and put on truck, see if it bolts up, if it fits check clearances, and proceed from there. I'm running 16x8's with 4.5 BS and still had to grind the caliper mount down on my 5 lug.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #17
I <3 Pink Tacos
JawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
JawKnee's Tacoma Gallery
I'm rocking these on my 5 lug. 15x7 though.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #18
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawKnee View Post
I'm rocking these on my 5 lug. 15x7 though.

Wow that looks almost like my boys old 5 lug.....
Old 07-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #19
Fly rod in one hand, hockey stick in the other
fgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
fgcutaco's Tacoma Gallery
re

Thank you all for the input, I know I havent posted on this thread or even checked TW in a long while cause I've been super busy with work and school and crap. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to even look into this any further, and unfortunately almost ALL modding of any kind has pretty well been halted. I'll keep you guys updated (that is if and when updates ever happen lol)