Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

is it really worth lifting a 5 lug?

Old 03-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
Hinanomon is on a distinguished road
Hinanomon's Tacoma Gallery
is it really worth lifting a 5 lug?

ever since i could remember, ive always wanted a lifted truck or suv, it didnt matter what it was, as long as it was lifted and had 4wd. so i turned 18 and my parents bought me a used 2wd 5 lug for cheap. although it was 2011 and in mint condition, i was unhappy because it wasnt 4wd. now im only 20 now and i still have the same truck. im asking if i should take the time to lift this truck or should i sell it and get a brand new 4x4? if i lift it, its gonna look something like this:
http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/cto/2845158973.html what do you guys think i should do?
Old 03-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #2
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
whats your budget? if you have money id go mid travel or long travel if you dont have money then id say leave it
that truck has a body lift lol
Old 03-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
Thorpedo26 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon Thorpe
Thorpedo26's Tacoma Gallery
I'm happy with my little lift and 32's. I'd also be happy if my parents bought me a 2011 anything! I'm 20 as well I'd make what you have and do little things and save for a dream truck personally
Old 03-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #6
Dont be stupid, its not smart.
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
SurfInferno's Tacoma Gallery
parents bought you a truck you should be stoked no matter what it is....its free. Ill admit my parents bought me mine too and I'm now 20, but i would never complain that its not the right truck. If i want a 4x4 I'm working to buy it just like all my mods were bought/made by me. Im even considering "buying my truck from my parents"
If you sell it and get a 4x4 with gas prices climbing to almost $5 you won't have money to lift that thing. My 5 lug has gone some places guys with 4x4 refuse to go, most of offroading is driver ability.
Lifted 5 lugs look way better than 6 lugs IMO because there are wayyy less of them
Old 03-20-2012, 09:55 PM   #7
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
very true 5 lugs are more unique yes they arent very tall or anything but if you drive down the street you wont see another one like it
Old 03-20-2012, 09:58 PM   #8
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Sell it so someone can use it for its intended purpose and you buy a 4x4 with the money, or trade it in. a lifted 5 lug is a great platform for one thing.. getting stuck where a 4x4 would not. :P

Disclaimer.. In most cases....
Old 03-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #10
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfInferno View Post
parents bought you a truck you should be stoked no matter what it is....its free. Ill admit my parents bought me mine too and I'm now 20, but i would never complain that its not the right truck. If i want a 4x4 I'm working to buy it just like all my mods were bought/made by me. Im even considering "buying my truck from my parents"
If you sell it and get a 4x4 with gas prices climbing to almost $5 you won't have money to lift that thing. My 5 lug has gone some places guys with 4x4 refuse to go, most of offroading is driver ability.
Lifted 5 lugs look way better than 6 lugs IMO because there are wayyy less of them
NOOOOOO! NOT THE MUD! MAKE IT STOP!
Old 03-20-2012, 11:52 PM   #11
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
if you go offroad you should get a 6 lug truck. if street queen lift it.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:56 PM   #12
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifenix View Post
if you go offroad you should get a 6 lug truck. if street queen lift it.
i offroad and i have a 5 lug. I give some 6 luggers a run for their money...defiantly not a street queen
Old 03-21-2012, 12:03 AM   #13
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfInferno View Post
i offroad and i have a 5 lug. I give some 6 luggers a run for their money...defiantly not a street queen
Whittnessed
Old 03-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
Whittnessed
Reppppppped
Old 03-21-2012, 03:06 AM   #15
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
I am just saying the 6 lug platform is stronger so if you really wanna mob, better to have stronger foundation. I dropped a boatload of money into my 5 lug. Just takes more money to get it where you want vs. 6 lug.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:38 AM   #18
Thorpedo26 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon Thorpe
Thorpedo26's Tacoma Gallery
Obviously a v6 model is more equipped, however if you upgrade your suspension a little change your tires and lock the rear you can keep up .. at least with the 2wders who have the v6
Old 03-22-2012, 06:59 AM   #19
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpedo26 View Post
Obviously a v6 model is more equipped, however if you upgrade your suspension a little change your tires and lock the rear you can keep up .. at least with the 2wders who have the v6
a 2nd gen V6 5Lug is an XRunner. the only 2WD Tacoma with a V6 besides that would be the 6 Lug trucks.

Lifting an XRunner would be one of the most idiotic things you could do. this topic was already discussed with great derp on another forum.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:51 AM   #20
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
I would never lift my 5 lug. gas mileage would drop with the increased wind resistance, not to mention shittier handling. Lowering would be more logical.