Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Just a little headsup for the 5lug owner

Old 04-09-2012, 08:06 AM   #1
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Just a little headsup for the 5lug owner

Lower Control Arm bushings on these arms are not all song and dance.....Especially if you are me and are running a gay 4" lift on a stock uppers. Thought I was going to be able to just use the press at the shop and go on my merry little way but nooooooo, toyota has some special retarded bushing tool to use (that btw the yota dealer doesn even use) because of the direction that these bushings are installed. For those looking to do lower bushings you will need an air hammer to remove and then some sort of bushing tool to reinstall the bushing.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Check out my build thead, I have a link there to a DIY for the LCA bushings.

I used a torch quite a bit for removal and pressed them back in with a press.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hold on, am I reading this right? You torched them out of your arm? Putting extra heat to that arm is the last thing I would want to do being that it can weaken the arms integrity. I just arm hammered them out. I was posting for those that thought you would be able to just use a press to get them in and out. No can do being that the bushings insert towards each other making it impossible to press them out.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dammit View Post
Hold on, am I reading this right? You torched them out of your arm? Putting extra heat to that arm is the last thing I would want to do being that it can weaken the arms integrity. I just arm hammered them out. I was posting for those that thought you would be able to just use a press to get them in and out. No can do being that the bushings insert towards each other making it impossible to press them out.
Eh, so far so good.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #5
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
Eh, so far so good.
LOL good luck
Old 04-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #6
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
toyota is stupid when it comes to bushings. i was trying to take them out of ucas and unded up cutting the whole sleeve off
Old 04-10-2012, 07:23 AM   #7
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joels98taco View Post
toyota is stupid when it comes to bushings. i was trying to take them out of ucas and unded up cutting the whole sleeve off
I was looking at those while I had the front end torn apart. Looks like the only option for the uppers.