Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

5 Lug rear axle compatibility?

Old 04-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
El Borracho is on a distinguished road
El Borracho's Tacoma Gallery
5 Lug rear axle compatibility?

Hi guys,

I need a whole new rear axle assembly for my 2001 xtra cab 5 lug. Will an axle assembly off of a a single cab work, or do I need one off of an xtra cab model? I have found one off of a single cab 5 lug, but want to make sure it will bolt up to my truck.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 04-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! If its a similar year, you should be fine.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
Thanks! It's off of a 2001 single cab five lug, and mine's a 2001 xtra cab 5lug, just wanted to make sure.

Chris
Old 04-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #6
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
i think all 5 lugs have the same ratio theres a sticker on the axle i think which should tell you all the info about it.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #7
You guys rock, thank you all for the input. It's greatly appreciated.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #8
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Borracho View Post
You guys rock, thank you all for the input. It's greatly appreciated.
Now tell all your friends with Tacos to join TW and stop trolling!! you'll love it here....the ballons float down here
Old 04-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #9
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco me elmo View Post
I believe the only difference you may encounter is automatics and manuals had a diff gear ratio.
True, X's are I think a 10th higher then regular 2nd gen 5 lugs and the thirds dont quite fit in the same housing as the regular axles. I would assume yota did something screwy with the gearing from S's to regulars on the first gens.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #10
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure you get right gearing. Autos and manuals are different.