1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ready Lift or Fatbob, Any other options?

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by 2bnb driver, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Jun 27, 2012 at 10:30 AM
    2bnb driver

2bnb driver [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mark
    central virginia
    Vehicle:
    02 prerunner , 13 sr5 4wd
    Im still trying to form a game plan for a mild lift. Problem is that I use my truck as a truck. The thing is already level after a shell, rack, hitch and a few tools. Quite often im trailering which puts the rear lower than the front. The two lifts mentioned offer 2.75" front and 1.75" rear. All that does is make make a bad situation worse. Any other options other than use a different truck?

I also have a F150 and a chevy 1 ton utility body. Neither have this issue. But neither one of them have the traction or nimbleness that the tacoma has even with the training wheel tires toyota so generiously gives you on the 5 lug. I get into peoples yards and grass with a stump grinder. The tacoma by far has been the best vehicle ive had to get in, get out and not tare up a yard. Id like to stick with the 5 lug platform.

Mark

2. Jul 2, 2012 at 2:15 AM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    Long travel.

or you could lower it; which would be the smart thing to do.

3. Jul 2, 2012 at 3:12 PM
    113tac

113tac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2017 Magnetic Gray Tacoma
    Mostly Stock for now, 265 75 16 Falken AT3W, Tinted fronts...
    Basically what kelson said, long travel, mid travel.

American motorsports just finished a mid travel UCA with spindle for 1850 but that does not include rear lift or front coilovers which you will need.

Total chaos makes a UCA to use with a coilover to get 3" of lift i believe and you would probably want to use an AAL and upgrade rear shocks.

4. Jul 3, 2012 at 11:32 AM
    2bnb driver

2bnb driver [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mark
    central virginia
    Vehicle:
    02 prerunner , 13 sr5 4wd
    Thanks for the responses. An alternative to look in to.

Kelson, Im not into lowered...but I have always admired your rig when sifting through the threads. That thing is a clean looking class act.

5. Jul 6, 2012 at 2:15 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    haha thanks I just try to convince everyone regardless :p

6. Jul 12, 2012 at 10:12 PM
    Midnight Drifter

Midnight Drifter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Monroe Twp, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2TR W/T
    Flowmaster dual exhaust
    Your truck is everything the X-Runner SHOULD have been. Regardless, I want to go higher, not lower.:D

Products Discussed in

To Top