Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Ready Lift or Fatbob, Any other options?

Old 06-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
2bnb driver is on a distinguished road
Name: mark
2bnb driver's Tacoma Gallery
Ready Lift or Fatbob, Any other options?

Im still trying to form a game plan for a mild lift. Problem is that I use my truck as a truck. The thing is already level after a shell, rack, hitch and a few tools. Quite often im trailering which puts the rear lower than the front. The two lifts mentioned offer 2.75" front and 1.75" rear. All that does is make make a bad situation worse. Any other options other than use a different truck?

I also have a F150 and a chevy 1 ton utility body. Neither have this issue. But neither one of them have the traction or nimbleness that the tacoma has even with the training wheel tires toyota so generiously gives you on the 5 lug. I get into peoples yards and grass with a stump grinder. The tacoma by far has been the best vehicle ive had to get in, get out and not tare up a yard. Id like to stick with the 5 lug platform.

Mark
Old 07-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Basically what kelson said, long travel, mid travel.

American motorsports just finished a mid travel UCA with spindle for 1850 but that does not include rear lift or front coilovers which you will need.

Total chaos makes a UCA to use with a coilover to get 3" of lift i believe and you would probably want to use an AAL and upgrade rear shocks.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
2bnb driver is on a distinguished road
Name: mark
2bnb driver's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the responses. An alternative to look in to.

Kelson, Im not into lowered...but I have always admired your rig when sifting through the threads. That thing is a clean looking class act.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #5
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bnb driver View Post
Thanks for the responses. An alternative to look in to.

Kelson, Im not into lowered...but I have always admired your rig when sifting through the threads. That thing is a clean looking class act.
haha thanks I just try to convince everyone regardless
Old 07-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #6
Midnight Drifter is on a distinguished road
Name: Anthony
Midnight Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck is everything the X-Runner SHOULD have been. Regardless, I want to go higher, not lower.