1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

6 Lug Top Plate Spacer on a 5 Lug?

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by goufcustom, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Jul 24, 2012 at 4:34 AM
    goufcustom

goufcustom [OP] 7.62x63mm

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    MD
    Vehicle:
    2021 4x4 TRD Sport DCLB
    I have a friend with a 5 Lug, and I have a 6 Lug; I recently went from a top place spacer lift in the front to a 5100/eibach setup, and I was wondering if my friend could use my spacers on his truck? Not sure if the top plates on each truck are the same or not, and if a 1" thick space will produce the same results on his truck as they did on mine.

Asking because his lift budget is extremely small, and this would be very beneficial.

Thanks

2. Jul 24, 2012 at 7:42 AM
    Midnight Drifter

Midnight Drifter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Monroe Twp, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2TR W/T
    Flowmaster dual exhaust
    To the best of my knowledge, the short and sweet answer is no, the design is different; but I could be wrong.

3. Jul 26, 2012 at 9:46 AM
    goufcustom

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    MD
    Vehicle:
    2021 4x4 TRD Sport DCLB
    Anyone have a picture of a 2nd gen 5-lug with a Fat Bobs lift kit on it on factory steels and factory size tires? Does it look funny?

Want to lift the truck, but dont have the funds to buy bigger tires since it has nearly new (10k miles on them) tires.

4. Jul 26, 2012 at 3:49 PM
    goufcustom

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    MD
    Vehicle:
    2021 4x4 TRD Sport DCLB
    I had a chance to compare my 6-lug top plate spacers to my friends 5-lug top plates and they are so close, but not the same. Seems like a dump thing on Toyotas part, now they had to make 2 part numbers for the same truck...

The design of the top plates looks the same, the bolt pattern is on a large diameter.

5. Jul 26, 2012 at 3:55 PM
    goufcustom

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    MD
    Vehicle:
    2021 4x4 TRD Sport DCLB
    Anyone modify their 2nd Gen 5-lug strut mounts to accept 6-lug top plates, seems like all you would have to do is slightly elongate your mounting holes to accept the smaller diameter bolt pattern. I am going to see if my friend will let me give this a try on his truck. :)

6. Jul 26, 2012 at 8:43 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    I do not think this is a very safe thing to do.

the trucks have different front suspension designs and the two coilover strut assemblies are completely different sizes.

plus, once you go higher than the 2.75" or so the spacer kits made for these trucks have, you will run into alignment problems without a different UCA. and no, the 6 Lug one will not work in any way.

7. Jul 26, 2012 at 8:47 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Umm... The stock 5 lug on stock wheels and 215/70-15 looks funny.

With a lift, it'll look more funny.

Ya... I just LOOOOVE having enough room between my rear tires and the wheel wells to stash enough groceries for the winter.

8. Jul 27, 2012 at 4:52 AM
    goufcustom

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    MD
    Vehicle:
    2021 4x4 TRD Sport DCLB

Neither him or I want to go that high, and he really doesnt want to fund new UCAs, so we will be staying under 2.75", looking for ~2" and to sit more level.

9. Jul 27, 2012 at 6:57 AM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    it's still not safe.

Products Discussed in

To Top