Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

About to get in deep. Lend me your knowledge.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #21
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joels98taco View Post
be sure to order your icon aal pack from dsm. marco will hook you up
Awesome! Great advice. Things just kinda keep adding up, so a little help anywhere is appreciated!

Good advice indeed. $20+ savings at least. DSM's price on the pack is $20 less w/ free shipping.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #22
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The time is approaching....

Did order the ICON AALs, have had them sitting under my toolbox for awhile.

One those, I'll obviously have to flip the center pin to account for the SUA. What about the ICON supplied U-bolts, totally necessary? I only ask as I was looking back through Shem's stuff and he appears have to have just reused the OE U-bolts. I would prefer to reuse the OE ones myself, their bent to curve around the axle, the ICON's are squared.

On rear shocks...any rec's?

Won't be out mobbin' the dez or anything anytime soon. I'm really just thinking some pre-runner shocks and calling it a day. Pick up a set of Monro Reflex's or something. Can get a set of em' for under $100.

May still possibly be in need of a spanner wrench.

I plan on giving Brian of American Motorsports a call today or tomorow and talking with him. He'll have my stuff once it's off Steven's truck. Going to have brian rebuild the COs and put new BJs in the UCAs. Hoping he might have a spare spanner he could throw in?!?
Old 11-25-2012, 10:21 PM   #23
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
got a good deal from dsm? yes you can reuse the stock ubolts as your gonna ditch the overload spring. the supplied ubolts wont work on your truck
Old 11-27-2012, 03:16 AM   #24

Quote:
got a good deal from dsm? yes you can reuse the stock ubolts as your gonna ditch the overload spring. the supplied ubolts wont work on your truck
I wasn't gonna use the square-ass ended "U"-bolts anyways. Fugg that. After taking a look at it that was my conclusion. If the OL is coming out and AAL is going in, one just replaces other. Still have to flip that center pin for SUA.

What with this recent mini uproar over shocks and what disc0monkey claims?

He bought some Fox's, says they bottom out before the bump stops. He dosen't like it, I can understand so it makes me hesitant. Thought a lot of the 5 lugs were running 4x4/Prerunner shocks?

I still like Disc0's deal. I'll have to look at the situation today and see if there is a practical way of making a couple mounts and welding them on.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:29 AM   #25
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Might want to look at the icon rear shocks for their mid travel kit. Im sure dsm can get them for you at a decent price. Unless you wanna do some custom shock mounts to mount 4x4 shocks
Old 11-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #26
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW ive been using the black 4x4 SR5 shocks with a AAL for the past year and never noticed they bottomed out before the bump. its hard to notice because the shaft isn't exposed like on the foxes. i threw the foxes on, looked at the distance between the axle and the bump and the distance left on the shaft and was like wa wa wtf? the point is, everyone that is running 6lug shocks and stock bumps is having this issue.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #27

Back on this, I still really need some option for rear shocks. I have some idea of the brands I can buy, but still vague.

I've already asked Stupid, but if anyone else would be willing it would be greatly appreciated. A list of several different types of shocks that would fit and where I would be able to find them would be a huge help. Price low to high.

I saw once where stupid mentioned something about SAW countersteer r shocks...anyone provide more info on those?
Old 02-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #28
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100s in the rear.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:10 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifenix View Post
Bilstein 5100s in the rear.
Probabaly go this route to start. Got irons in other fires that are sucking up the $$, truck related, of course.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #30
Poser is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Poser's Tacoma Gallery
They make either a bolt on or weld on fluxcapacitor that will fix your alignment problems. Only costs 1.21 Jigiwatts. Its extra for the Mr. Fusion. Im not trolling, im just illustrating through satire at how much i know about this. Im learning. but hey,,, thad bee cool
Old 02-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #31
Poser is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Poser's Tacoma Gallery
But seriously the difference between mid/long... not to stray from the subject but what is it?
Old 04-13-2013, 08:21 AM   #33

Well, hello there.

Looks like I got a little assembly to do....
Old 04-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #34

Looking goode dude im sure your gonna love it. And im guessing those foxes is that they are extended travel not stock replacement
Old 04-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #35

Quote:
Looking goode dude im sure your gonna love it. And im guessing those foxes is that they are extended travel not stock replacement
Sway a Way 2.5's
Old 04-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #36

I know thise are saw 2.5s im talking about the rear foxes mentioned above^^
Old 04-14-2013, 01:33 AM   #37

Quote:
I know thise are saw 2.5s im talking about the rear foxes mentioned above^^
Duh.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:43 PM   #38
Damn dirty Swede
EricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric Sven
EricTheRed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
Well, hello there.

Looks like I got a little assembly to do....

...well isn't that just delightful! Got 'em on yet?

Old 04-16-2013, 12:40 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheRed View Post
...well isn't that just delightful! Got 'em on yet?

Naw, couple weeks probably.

If I'm gonna be in there, be in there once and get it all done at the same time. Want alignment gussets and I have no idea if the p/s cam bolts are seized in the bushings or not, so I could end up needing new bushings/cams on the p/s also. I had to order a sleeve for the UCAs as one was missing.

Also spending some time researching about coilovers. Really liking the setup I bought. Hoping I get the change to use the kit as it was designed.

I got a full plate at the moment too. Fixed my H02 issue yesterday and returned a part. Tuesday is oil change/rotate and put the coilovers back together. Wed my sisters cars needs and oil change and rear brakes.

I should have a brute force bumper arriving soon as well.

Truck will look quite a bit different in about a month.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:04 PM   #40
Damn dirty Swede
EricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric Sven
EricTheRed's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit dude...you've got your hands full it would seem! Lookin' forward to the finished product!

...well...as "finished" as our trucks ever are. haha