Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

About to get in deep. Lend me your knowledge.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #41
dcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ehren
dcvt16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
Back on this, I still really need some option for rear shocks. I have some idea of the brands I can buy, but still vague.

I've already asked Stupid, but if anyone else would be willing it would be greatly appreciated. A list of several different types of shocks that would fit and where I would be able to find them would be a huge help. Price low to high.

I saw once where stupid mentioned something about SAW countersteer r shocks...anyone provide more info on those?

Icon actually makes a 2" shock with or with out remote res. Icon part # 56507 and 5607R for res. I spoke at lengths with Jeremy at icon about it. These are specifically for the second gen 5 lug.

I ordered 6 lug shocks and found they were too long. Also the 5 lug uses 2 different lenght shocks(factory) in the rear but Jeremy says the icon shocks are equal legth but, the length they built them will not cause issue.

You have to ask the vendor to get in touch with icon to order these shocka.

I didn't end up buying a set because i changed directions for the rear of mine, so i cant comment on actual fitment.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #42
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcvt16 View Post
Icon actually makes a 2" shock with or with out remote res. Icon part # 56507 and 5607R for res. I spoke at lengths with Jeremy at icon about it. These are specifically for the second gen 5 lug.

I ordered 6 lug shocks and found they were too long. Also the 5 lug uses 2 different lenght shocks(factory) in the rear but Jeremy says the icon shocks are equal legth but, the length they built them will not cause issue.

You have to ask the vendor to get in touch with icon to order these shocka.

I didn't end up buying a set because i changed directions for the rear of mine, so i cant comment on actual fitment.
Nice. Might have to check those out.

Give a big thanks to Anthony250 in this thread also, been PMing back and forth, I've had a lot of questions about the coilovers and he's been more than glad to help me out, props to that guy!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:55 PM   #43
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
Chris, SAW makes a smooth body reservoir shock that can fit in the rear. They aren't called the Countersteer Rs because that's actually the name of my old wheels, haha. I have to point out that Anthony250 definitely knows his stuff about shocks so you're getting some good advice. Can't wait too see it done!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #44
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid hurts. View Post
Chris, SAW makes a smooth body reservoir shock that can fit in the rear. They aren't called the Countersteer Rs because that's actually the name of my old wheels, haha. I have to point out that Anthony250 definitely knows his stuff about shocks so you're getting some good advice. Can't wait too see it done!
I cleaned em' up a little bit today. Wire wheeled all that gunk off the shock threads/bodies.

A call to SAW and ICON seem to be in the near future.

The CS-Rs/wheels thing...don't know how I missed that. Makes me feel full retard on that one.