Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

I know this topic has been beat to death...

Old 07-31-2012, 04:20 AM   #1
ivel is on a distinguished road

ivel's Tacoma Gallery
I know this topic has been beat to death...

...and I apologize for bringing it up again but the more I look the more it all runs together.

I want taller tires on my truck, the stock 215/70/15 ones look anemic but I don't need anything as big as 30's or 31's.

I really like the added ride height of the Fat Bob's lift the I learned about since I've been here.

I don't want to hurt my fuel mileage or power or if it does, as little as possible.

I do no off-roading so all this is cosmetic.

All the tire sizes are starting to run together. 235/75/15 would probably be as large as I'd want to go but it seems big enough to really kill the mileage and power.

I've been to Sam's club and looked at different sizes side by side but you never know until you see them on the truck.

You y'all could one more time show pictures of your trucks with the tire sizes and you fuel mileage, lifts or not, I would be very grateful.

Thanks for your help.

2011, "base" I guess, 4 cylinder, Automatic, SR5, 54 lug, stock
Old 07-31-2012, 04:40 AM   #2
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
225/75/15 looks good, won't hurt very much at all.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:50 AM   #3
Darthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Darthyota's Tacoma Gallery
you could pick up a set of stock x-runner wheels and tires they are 255/45/18 and the fill in the wheel wells better and no lift required
Old 07-31-2012, 07:07 AM   #4

ivel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthyota View Post
you could pick up a set of stock x-runner wheels and tires they are 255/45/18 and the fill in the wheel wells better and no lift required
Hmm, that's an idea, thanks.

I'll have to look for some pictures of that.

Wonder what they sell for used ?

Different prospective, now I've got two thing s to think about.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:16 AM   #5
Darthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
head over to www.xr-underground.com as you should be able to find a set for sale over there
Old 07-31-2012, 08:35 AM   #6

ivel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
head over to www.xr-underground.com as you should be able to find a set for sale over there

I'll check it out, are they a straight bolt on with no mods involved ?
Old 08-01-2012, 04:19 AM   #8

ivel's Tacoma Gallery
WOW, I might have to pass of the X Runner wheels, I don't think I can afford tires for them.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:29 AM   #9
lots of brands of tires out there you don't have to spend tons of cash to get a good tire these days and as long as your not looking at a super high performance tire you should get lots of tread life out of em
Old 08-01-2012, 06:35 AM   #10

ivel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lots of brands of tires out there you don't have to spend tons of cash to get a good tire these days and as long as your not looking at a super high performance tire you should get lots of tread life out of em
I'm seeing $1000.00 a set, what and where are you talking about ?

Thanks, Ivel
Old 08-01-2012, 06:53 AM   #11
first 7 tires can be had for less then 650 for a set of 4 the 8th tire is just over that at 656 for a set of 4

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...45&diameter=18
Old 08-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #12
west is on a distinguished road

Name: West
west's Tacoma Gallery

235/75/15 BFG All Terrians with rims was about $1200 all together at discount tire. I usually get 20 mpg, maybe 18.5 in the winter. You will notice power loss but it is worth it. You start to feel it when you get past 70 mph it struggles. I havent gotten any tickets because of this...

http://postimage.org/image/3lzspl5a3/