Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

2011 Tacoma cummins + mid travel feeler

Old 08-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
2011 Tacoma cummins + mid travel feeler

Hey guys so after a year with fat bobs lift. I'm thinking about fiberglass fenders, tc mid travel, and a cummins 4bt diesel.

I have two questions, how do I lift the rear more to match the front?

And what is my current 2011 engine and 5spd trans worth with 20000 miles on them?
Old 08-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...ere-first.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...formation.html
Old 08-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Better have $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Better have $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Why?
Old 08-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #5

Isn't this all long travel? I'm looking at mid travel
Old 08-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #6
04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all

Name: Matt
04trd's Tacoma Gallery
a cummins swap is BIG $$$$$$$$$$
Old 08-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #7
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Your Tacoma is a five lugger ?
Old 08-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Ah,YOUR thread title says LT.......no wonder
Oh my bad
Old 08-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Your Tacoma is a five lugger ?
Yes it is.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04trd View Post
a cummins swap is BIG $$$$$$$$$$
What makes it big money? Where bc I don't see where the money is?

Motor is around 4000 plus computer and harness. Fuel pump and lines 600.
I will do all the work myself. I have a mn12 stage 3 T56 in the garage.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Lmao....I was wondering what happend
Fixed lol
Old 08-06-2012, 05:48 AM   #12

anything to match rear for a mid travel?
Old 08-06-2012, 05:54 AM   #13
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Curious as to why you want the diesel? The money you're going to spend on a new motor could be put into your current engine and still have plenty of money for suspension and bodywork upgrades.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see this get done, just wondering what the reasoning is?
Old 08-06-2012, 06:01 AM   #14
dieseltoys is on a distinguished road

dieseltoys's Tacoma Gallery
When you add a 970 lb. engine up there, your long travel wont be as long. You also may want to get any loose fillings fixed at the dentist prior to firing that bad boy up...
Old 08-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #15
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Okay heres the challenge, Drop the 4bt, Make it fit a straight 6!!!! Come on do it! lol

Cummins 5.9 HO!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #16

I'd love to see an ISB 2.8 in there. Now, those are cool engines.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #17
04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all

Name: Matt
04trd's Tacoma Gallery
What about the tranny? Would a cummins bolt up to it
Old 08-06-2012, 06:50 AM   #18

No, they use a completely different setup and the A750 transmission controller needs CAN +/- signals from the 1GR ECU (combined unit) in order to control shift points. You would need to use a GM transmission. Basically, everything that makes the Toyota good you'd be removing from the vehicle and replacing it with a chinese built engine and GM transmission.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #19

The reason I want the diesel is because I want more torque and I don't want to wait for it. I also think I can get north of 35mpg highway.

The trans will be a stage 3 T56 that I already have ready to go, which will bolt up with the chevy adapter. I think the clutch situation can be worked out by machining the LS clutch for the cummins crank.

I messed up on the Title, I am looking for MID TRAVEL!!

I figure I can get the proper coils for the weight of the new engine. That is the reason that got me thinking Mid Travel in the first place was to get the right springs for the added weight and take out the spacers from the fat bobs.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:56 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseltoys View Post
I'd love to see an ISB 2.8 in there. Now, those are cool engines.

I'm open to any type of diesel. Whats are the pro-cons to this one?