1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LED's on a Tacoma

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by TheRedTac0, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Sep 7, 2012 at 11:05 AM
    TheRedTac0

TheRedTac0 [OP] Just a Taco guy, both food & truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Christopher
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2006 5-lug Regular Cab Impulse Red
    BHLM, Black Housing Altezza Taillights, 3-piece billet grille, Fatbob's 2.75" Lift with AAL, 15x8 Ion Alloy Wheels wrapped in 31x10.5 Falken's
    So basically I was doing some thinking about what to do next to my truck. I don't want to shoot for prices that are too high and I wanted to so simple mods. Then I thought of a really neat idea for taillights but I'm not sure how it would turn out. The idea would probably work best with aftermarkets or smoked taillights but as anyone ever seen those LED strips that you can buy for like 20-$25 a strip and they range from 5-24"? Well I was thinking of a really neat taillight mod where the LED strips would outline the taillight (because they are flexible. However I'm not sure how this mod would look. Anyone have thoughts on this? Also If anyone else has LED ideas or things they've done with LED lighting and their tacoma feel free to give ideas and post pictures on this thread. I would be awesome. :D feedback is appreciated

2. Sep 9, 2012 at 7:28 AM
    fgcutaco

fgcutaco Fly rod in one hand, hockey stick in the other

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    '09 SWB, Access Cab, 5 Lug
    Stock... For now...
    I've never seen it, but I think it could be kind of cool, if you don't go overboard with the LEDs. Just don't make your lights look like a spaceship, and it sounds like it might be pretty sweet

Products Discussed in

To Top