Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

2012 Cruise Control

Old 10-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
Zackr1983 is on a distinguished road
Name: Zack
Zackr1983's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Cruise Control

Hey fellas, just installed the cruise control from rostra part#250-1836, it's an auto so now clutch switch, it was pretty straight forward, however the cruise still down not work. According to the instruction the only required wire 1 wire from ECU to S8 plug, however after testing it showed no cruise light so I continued on with the light wire install, still no luck. So I took it for a test drive thinking there may be a chance it still worked. It did not. Thought I'd throw this out there and see if anyone else has had similar experiences.

Thanks
Old 03-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
Mudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
Mudfly's Tacoma Gallery
Did you ever figure it out?

I'm having the same problem on my install
Old 03-11-2013, 11:59 PM   #3
Tacomaized
Kulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19th Special Forces Airborne
Name: Roger
Kulahaga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackr1983 View Post
Hey fellas, just installed the cruise control from rostra part#250-1836, it's an auto so now clutch switch, it was pretty straight forward, however the cruise still down not work. According to the instruction the only required wire 1 wire from ECU to S8 plug, however after testing it showed no cruise light so I continued on with the light wire install, still no luck. So I took it for a test drive thinking there may be a chance it still worked. It did not. Thought I'd throw this out there and see if anyone else has had similar experiences.

Thanks
There are two (2) wires required that connect to connector S8. The brown wire connects to pin 1 of connector S8 and the other end to the ECM. The black wire connects to pin 2 of connector S8 and the the other end is grounded to a chassis bolt under the dash.

Let us know how your cruise mod goes. If you're still having problems, PM me and I'll be happy to help.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:54 AM   #4
Mudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
Mudfly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulahaga View Post
There are two (2) wires required that connect to connector S8. The brown wire connects to pin 1 of connector S8 and the other end to the ECM. The black wire connects to pin 2 of connector S8 and the the other end is grounded to a chassis bolt under the dash.

Let us know how your cruise mod goes. If you're still having problems, PM me and I'll be happy to help.
On my install it was the brown wire terminal wasn't fully seated in the ECM connector, I had to use the point of a ice pick to get it all the way in.