Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

is anyone running the doetcsh coil overs?

Old 10-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #1
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
is anyone running the doetcsh coil overs?

sorta want to try them on my 95 but there expensive, and i can't find any used.
i already have there spindles and i want i little more lift.
part no. 666240
heres a link to there website. http://www.doetsch-shocks.com/22.asp
Old 10-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #2
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Are you sure those work on a 5 lug? % lugs are Coils and shocks not coilovers so putting in a coilover would require modification (best place to read about this is on dropped taco stuff).

Also from somebody who has been there and seen the problems with lifting 5 luggers, Personally I would keep it as is or skip straight into LT to ditch the lower ball joint/bj bracket. When you start lifting and changing the geometry of that suspension you are going to cause problems and break stuff (I broke 3 BJ brackets on the street and freeway, not even offroad).

But on the note of if you really want to do it....

How do you like the spindles? Do they seem solid? The owners are actually customers of mine and keep trying to trade me spindles for other stuff but I already have Fabtechs and theirs are cast too so I dont see a point in switching.

Next time they are in ill ask if they would be a TW discount for their stuff, maybe save you at least a little bit.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
i really like them, they're very solid and a lot beefier than the stock spindles.
I think they're plenty strong enough to use with LT.

cool, thanks. i might call marco and see if he can order just the springs and UCA's.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Problem is in the LCA and the Balljoint bracket. If you lift this thing have spares because they break pretty easy once the geometry is changed.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #5
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
interesting, i didn't know that, maybe i shoud find a used LT kit. or have a shop fab up a custom stronger one.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #6
Duck Killing Machine

Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
It would have to be a machined part and that would cost you a pretty penny. If you look for used LT be sure you are:

1: Prepared for the maintenance cost. Initial cost is nothing. Read the stickies in the LT section

2: Make sure the kit you buy eliminates that part. Some of the early TC kits didnt.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Not Coilovers.... but I ran their Prerunner shocks on my Jeep (front & rear) and they took an amazing amount of offroad abuse for years. In fact, they were still on the Jeep when I sold it.

So...just some quality feedback for you.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #8
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
Problem is in the LCA and the Balljoint bracket. If you lift this thing have spares because they break pretty easy once the geometry is changed.
the LBJ bracket i'm confident i can fab, and i think i might be able to have a guy at my dads work build a LCA exactly like stock just stronger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
It would have to be a machined part and that would cost you a pretty penny. If you look for used LT be sure you are:

1: Prepared for the maintenance cost. Initial cost is nothing. Read the stickies in the LT section

2: Make sure the kit you buy eliminates that part. Some of the early TC kits didnt.
i read the stickie's and i won't go long travel unless i go to the desert more and think i would use it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Not Coilovers.... but I ran their Prerunner shocks on my Jeep (front & rear) and they took an amazing amount of offroad abuse for years. In fact, they were still on the Jeep when I sold it.

So...just some quality feedback for you.
thats good to know, thanks
Old 11-08-2012, 09:17 PM   #9
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
i made a set for my truck. pics in my build.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #10
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

i would also avoid the lift coils. shitty ride and alot of strain on stock parts
Old 11-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #11
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joels98taco View Post
i made a set for my truck. pics in my build.
Quote:
i would also avoid the lift coils. shitty ride and alot of strain on stock parts
i'll have to look, thanks.
a worse ride than spacers?
if i have to i can have that guy build new parts, he builds his own parts for his truck.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #12

a spacer just preloads the spring a little to provide lift. a lift coil cant be much longer than stock(if any) they just increase the spring rate=rough ride. extended shocks for the coils are also stiffer. which adds to the rough ride. leave the spindles and be done with it. remember this also you need and aftermarket uca with lift coils which means more $ and a change in suspension geometry which can result in bad tire wear because of camber change and bumpsteer
Old 11-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #14
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
haha we all have pics of our broken lbj!
Old 11-30-2012, 11:20 PM   #15
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
now it looks like i'll be going LT, after going to dunemont i need a truck that can run the whoops.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #16

^^those arent mine lol i swapped mine before they broke
Old 12-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #17
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifenix View Post
haha we all have pics of our broken lbj!
i don't, i swapped mine for moogs when i put on the spindle lift.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #18

not the balljoint itself but the bracket that attatches it to the lower arm
Old 12-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #19
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
not the balljoint itself but the bracket that attatches it to the lower arm
Oh, still need to build one.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #20

not if you go lt. the next thing to go would be the spindles and lower ball joint