1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone ever put Fusion Wheels on their 5 lug?

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by joyotaco, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Oct 31, 2012 at 11:32 AM
    joyotaco

joyotaco [OP] Tenderfoot

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Vehicle:
    98 2.4L 2wd
    Removable ladder/sailboat rack, Pioneer DEH-6400BT, clear bumper signals
    Hey y'all,

I dunno about everyone else, but I hate all the stock 5 lugger wheel options for 1st gens. I just think they're a bit too boring. So I've been looking into getting some different wheels for the truck but specifically I've been investigating OEM wheels from other makes/models. Most wheels I can find aftermarket that fit my truck just don't tickle my fancy for some reason.

I've found that the Ford Fusion wheel specs are as follows: 5-114.3 (or 5-4.5") lug pattern, roughly +40mm offset (I don't know the exact number, but it's close), and 67.1mm hub bore on their wheels. Plus, the 16" wheels are 6.5" wide so they should fit the truck without the tires rubbing I would think. So, I'm thinking about picking up a set of rims since they're pretty easy to find around me. Wondered what y'all think of the look and if anyone's ever done it. I'd also like to try and find some similar size Toyota center caps (maybe off a Camry or Highlander) to replace the Ford caps. That doesn't seem like it'd be too hard, you think?

Photoshop mock up: (Ignore the ladder rack, it's not there anymore.)
    [​IMG]

Stock:
    [​IMG]

2. Nov 1, 2012 at 10:54 AM
    joyotaco

joyotaco [OP] Tenderfoot

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Vehicle:
    98 2.4L 2wd
    Wow, I'm surprised nobody even shared their opinion. Seriously y'all, I'm really curious what you think? Worth a shot? Stupid idea? I found a guy selling all 4 of those very rims off his Fusion with usable tires on CL for $150.

New photo mockup:
    Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

My biggest concern is that maybe the truck's hub dust cap will extend out so far from the hub that the Fusion's wheel center caps won't fit. If that's the case, I don't think I'd go through with it. I'm not a fan of exposed hubs.

Tacoma hub:
    [​IMG]

Fusion hub:
    [​IMG]

3. Nov 1, 2012 at 11:02 AM
    CanisLupus

CanisLupus Member since 2011

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Stokesdale | NC
    Vehicle:
    ‘19 Honda Civic Hatchback
    If it fits and you like it, then do it! It's your truck. Looks better than the stockers if you're going with a "sport" look.

4. Nov 1, 2012 at 11:03 AM
    Pope953

Pope953 That's a fact Jack!

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    You could paint the hub part. I'd try a test fit before I bought them if they would allow it.

5. Nov 3, 2012 at 5:49 PM
    joyotaco

joyotaco [OP] Tenderfoot

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Vehicle:
    98 2.4L 2wd
    Backspacing is too great on the fusion rims. Without wheel spacers and longer studs, they wouldn't fit right.

Edit: I ended up getting some mustang rims with 225/55R17s instead. Center caps fit no problem and while the backspacing is greater, they only rub the front sway bar with the wheel completely cranked.

Products Discussed in

To Top