LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

WHOLE HID fog light WITH housings - kit???

Old 11-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
MotoPhotog is on a distinguished road
Name: Darren
MotoPhotog's Tacoma Gallery
WHOLE HID fog light WITH housings - kit???

I've looked on amazon, ebay, and here... finally decided to make a thread.

Does someone know of a kit that has the actual fog light housings, HID bulbs/ballasts, wiring all the way to the cab, and the switch?

Essentially i'm looking for the same kit that every other tacoma driver would be looking for, except my truck came WITHOUT fog lights. So i have black plugs down where the fogs would be.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:09 AM   #2
This was the closest thing I could find. Comes with housing, bulbs, wiring, switch....

No HID's though. Standard H10 bulbs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130788983532...witem=&vxp=mtr
Old 11-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
Thorpedo26 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon Thorpe
Thorpedo26's Tacoma Gallery
I have this kit ^ have had it since February and still haven't put it on. I hate electric stuff on cars
Old 11-19-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
i hear ya! Is it "that" complicated?

Glad to hear you have the same one
Old 12-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #7
Fisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
From Amazon i bought a full Fog kit for 89$ then an HID conversion kit from Kensun (highly recommended for HID's) for 40$ for a total of around 130$. Prob the best deal for both HID and Fog Light Kit. Your prob not going to find them sold together.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #8
Fisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
BTW installation of the Fog Kit from Amazon was extremely easy. Came with a switch that fit just as good as OEM.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #9
jpaw30 is on a distinguished road
jpaw30's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
BTW installation of the Fog Kit from Amazon was extremely easy. Came with a switch that fit just as good as OEM.
did it come with instructions?

also I noticed that the fuse box has fuses in place for power windows and power locks even though I dont have either. Is the base still wired for those already?

was thinking about trying to find a conversion kit for the truck power options
Old 12-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #10

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaw30 View Post
did it come with instructions?

also I noticed that the fuse box has fuses in place for power windows and power locks even though I dont have either. Is the base still wired for those already?

was thinking about trying to find a conversion kit for the truck power options

It did come with instructions and they were actually very clear. I feel like there would be a write up somewhere on here on how to do it to that might be a little more clear.

As for the windows and locks i'm not sure but i think that our trucks come with a lot of the same wiring even for stuff they don't have. I have wires behind a blank switch that i'm guessing would be the rear diff locker that i don't have. but than again i'm not sure just guessing.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #11
Banned
Chakaplaka is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Gang-Unit Division
Name: Todd
Chakaplaka's Tacoma Gallery
subbed for later
Old 12-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #12
Thorpedo26 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon Thorpe
Thorpedo26's Tacoma Gallery
Someone track down instructions because that's what are holding me back. Instructions sucked
Old 12-08-2012, 12:45 AM   #13

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
This picture pretty much explains it all extremely easy. Except each fog doesn't have a ground like in the picture. Literally the most confusing part for me was what to do with the wire going to IGN power. Its pretty much an empty spot in your fuse box that comes on with your ignition. (if i remember right it was top row 4 from the left. not sure though) and i did it the easy/fast way. I just put the wire under a 10watt fuse and shoved it in the hole. you can buy an "add a fuse" though which works better.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #14
jpaw30 is on a distinguished road
jpaw30's Tacoma Gallery
did you go with the Kramer accessories kit on amazon?
Old 12-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #15
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoPhotog View Post
I've looked on amazon, ebay, and here... finally decided to make a thread.

Does someone know of a kit that has the actual fog light housings, HID bulbs/ballasts, wiring all the way to the cab, and the switch?

Essentially i'm looking for the same kit that every other tacoma driver would be looking for, except my truck came WITHOUT fog lights. So i have black plugs down where the fogs would be.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance!
If you have the plugs behind the bumper, your truck is pre-wired.

You just need an OEM switch (about $45), relay, fuse, and the housings.

The eBay kit is nice, but the electrical sucks and the switch does not properly fit the dash (it does fit the '12 under the radio).
The only problem is the housings are known to leak. I've got condensation in mine and it has corroded the reflector.