Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Shitty Criminals...Good Doors? Dunno, but I'm Sad

Old 12-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #21
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Repair will be similar to a car with a dented rear fender: The shop welds a chain to the dented part and pulls it out on the rack, then apply body filler, paint, etc. Make sure you go to a good body shop, because how this type of repair turns out is directly dependent on the technician's skill level. Do it poorly and the panel gaps with the door will not be even.

BTW, it's much easier to gain entry by punching in the lock cylinder with a hammer...
Old 12-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #22
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Look on the bright side, at least you aren't being shot at...

Old 12-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #23
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post

Nice.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:54 PM   #24
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Old 12-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #25
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1 more reason to add on the list of "Why I hate living in Columbus"

Screw this city.

Thanks for kind words and support everyone, I do appreciate it. Truck is about the only hobby I gots anymore. Keep the thread updated with pics/whats going on/how it turned out. Most views the 5 lug section has had in weeks, haha.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #26
Just a Taco guy, both food & truck
TheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christopher
TheRedTac0's Tacoma Gallery
It's solid doors, trust me. One time I locked me keys in my truck...It took Triple A like a half hour to get my door open. But screw the shit-head that tried breaking in.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedTac0 View Post
It's solid doors, trust me. One time I locked me keys in my truck...It took Triple A like a half hour to get my door open. But screw the shit-head that tried breaking in.
It looks like someone at least tried for a minute. Looking at the pic on my phone, someone did go at it for a minute. It's not just a mark here or there, or from one attempt, it's obvious several attempts were made.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #28
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Looks like they carry BB guns in Belly of the Beast.
That looks like a .22 air gun dent.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #29
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Not my truck. (Click through on the photo for username and other info.)

Whatever the gun was, either the shooter missed by 8 inches, or was aiming for the midget sitting in the Access Cab rear seats.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #30
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
That's what I was thinking yours is black with a nice bumper.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #31

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not my truck. (Click through on the photo for username and other info.)

Whatever the gun was, either the shooter missed by 8 inches, or was aiming for the midget sitting in the Access Cab rear seats.
Just looked at some of your pix's, nice job I love the 5 lug caps. I'm still smiling.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #32

Meeting the adjuster/body shop update:

Met the adjuster at 7:45am. Went over the truck. Gonna cost 2300 to fix it.

The door will be replaced. I will have to snag my old/scrap door and get the glass from it, it's tinted. Have to put it in the new door.

The damage to the pillar is to great to be repaired. They are going to cut the pillar off the truck and put a new one in.

Won't be dropping the truck until next Monday. First opening the Body Shop had open, thats a good thing...they'll get to know me well while the truck is there.

I'll update with what pics I can get of her.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #33
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rardigo View Post
Fucking thieves!!!
I swear one day I will catch a motherfucker.

There is this street near me next to the presidio. When I am pissed enough, I'm going to leave a bunch of shit in my truck, and sit in the bushes and wait, when a guy breaks the window and gets in to loot it, I'm going to jump out with a bat, break his fucking leg, zip tie his hands and feet, cut all his clothes off so he is butt fucking naked, super glue his hands together, glue his ears folded over and glue his dick to his belly, then I am going to glue feathers all over him and leave him there, then I'll move my truck so I don't get caught.

MOTHERFUCKING THIEVES!!!
Sig material.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #34
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Sig material.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #36
Phil5393 has a spectacular aura aboutPhil5393 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Phil
Phil5393's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that sucks. Time to invest in a good alarm replacing the pillar is the proper repair, I worked in an auto body shop for a few years
Old 12-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #37
BlazeTaco is on a distinguished road

BlazeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thief's love to do that to S-10 pickups since it actually works on them, they most likely did that with a really big crowbar. It would have been better if they would have just broken the window out, dumb *** criminals.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #39
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclovin View Post
that looks nasty...really surprised they didnt break a window....

on the other hand, you have something that the insurance company will take care of and reimburse your stolen stuff. i got slim jim'd over labor day and my insurance company ignored me. awesome that you pay so much money for "coverage"... good luck on the repair!
Slim jim'd on the 2012?