Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

2nd gen 5 lug engine dress up??

Old 02-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
2nd gen 5 lug engine dress up??

was looking for ways to dress up my engine bay ... not much out there

I know there's a radiator and such dress up kit, but the hoses won't fit the 5 lug. As far as adding in a CAI (not into it, already put in the aFe pro dry drop in). Anyone know where to get different color spark plug wires/hoses/etc. ?
Old 02-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I've thought about taking the large intake resonator that sits over top the plugs and putting some kind of paint/decal/logo on it recently.

Maybe...take the valve cover off and paint it a different color. Make the VVT-I and Toyota logo stand out.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #3
MIAtaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
MIAtaco's Tacoma Gallery
these dont have spark plug wires they are coil on plugbut you can get some radiator hose sleeves and oil filler cap
Old 02-06-2013, 06:36 AM   #4
SlowComa666 is on a distinguished road

SlowComa666's Tacoma Gallery
braided hose covers
colored silicone vacuum hoses
paint some things body color
shiny header
chrome plate metal stuff [brackets, etc..]

lots you can do
Old 02-06-2013, 06:41 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
No offense but when I used to drive a 4 banger I found it was best to keep the hood closed
Old 02-15-2013, 07:15 AM   #7
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
I've thought about taking the large intake resonator that sits over top the plugs and putting some kind of paint/decal/logo on it recently.

Maybe...take the valve cover off and paint it a different color. Make the VVT-I and Toyota logo stand out.
I have seen someone with an XR do it, but not sure yet about the 5 lug. Been wanting to do that too. Engine bay looks plain to me, I'm getting bored of it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowComa666 View Post
braided hose covers
colored silicone vacuum hoses
paint some things body color
shiny header
chrome plate metal stuff [brackets, etc..]

lots you can do
As far as most of the hoses, I'd like to swap them (trying to go with an orange in the engine bay).