Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Rear Tube Bumper...Where?

Old 02-16-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Tube Bumper...Where?

Sick of the monstrostiy that is my rear bumper. Very obvious it was my first of my little custom bumpers.

So, I'm willing to spend and saving the $$ to obtain a "real" rear tube bumper.

Question is.

Where do I find one for a 05+ 5 Lugger. Or what will work?

Really, all the different vendors and stuff just makes my head muddy.

It's like looking for an item at a store, I'm just gonna find the nearest employee and ask where the hell it is.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
Damn dirty Swede
EricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric Sven
EricTheRed's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sorry to add a question of my own to the mix, but can a 4x4/prerunner rear bumper fit on our 5-lugs?
Old 02-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheRed View Post
I'm sorry to add a question of my own to the mix, but can a 4x4/prerunner rear bumper fit on our 5-lugs?
Holes in the mounting brackets would have to line up correctly and they would have to be spaced apart the same. Other than that, if those 2 things are the same.....
Old 02-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #4
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheRed View Post
To my knowledge, yes. Front and rear should both fit.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
So the same 3 holes that are in the frame are the same no matter prerunner/4x4/5 lug?

I mean, if thats so, then i feel really stupid and should just be looking at tube bumpers then.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #6
Damn dirty Swede
EricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric Sven
EricTheRed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Orly? I was under the impression that the fronts were incompatible...thus the reason why most 5-luggers rock custom bumpers.

...or is it just because we're all too poor?
Old 02-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #7
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I mocked up a bumper for a 2012 2wd and it was identical to the mounting on all the prerunner/4x4's i've seen. I'd say that the 05-11 5 lug would likely be the same if the 2012+ is the same.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:19 AM   #8

Quote:
Well, I mocked up a bumper for a 2012 2wd and it was identical to the mounting on all the prerunner/4x4's i've seen. I'd say that the 05-11 5 lug would likely be the same if the 2012+ is the same.
Well damn.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:22 AM   #9
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea i am pretty sure they are all the same.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #10

Alrighty, so then who might make a rear tube bumper for 2nd gens????

I literally just did a quick check of all the vendors and what they offer bumper wise and didn't see anything for 2nd gen tubes.

Someone...point me in the direction?

I do like your rear plate a lot eric, and its the most affordable.

Wouldn't be interested in possibly building me a tube bumper would you?
Old 02-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #11
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
Alrighty, so then who might make a rear tube bumper for 2nd gens????

I literally just did a quick check of all the vendors and what they offer bumper wise and didn't see anything for 2nd gen tubes.

Someone...point me in the direction?

I do like your rear plate a lot eric, and its the most affordable.

Wouldn't be interested in possibly building me a tube bumper would you?
Get a hold with Brandon from Avid Offroad. He has built a rear bumper for a 5 lug 2005+. He gives TW members a discount on his prices.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #12
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Demello is my favorite and very practical imo
http://www.demello-offroad.com/shop/...roducts_id=111
Old 02-25-2013, 11:50 PM   #13

Went Brute Force. Put a deposit down on a rear plate bumper.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #14
Pushin' Thru Another Day
MikeTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
MikeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!! Post pics when done