Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Aftermarket Locker

Old 10-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #62
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a View Post
The +05 5-lug uses the same size rear diff as the non-elocker +05 6-lug trucks. The ring and pinion ratios are different but the size of the ring gear is the same. It's commonly called the 8.4" or Tacoma/T100 differential. So the lockers that are meant for the non-elocker 6-lug trucks will fit in the 5-lug trucks. Not too many have put ARB or Richmond lockers in their 5-lugs but there might be a few. I have an Eaton clutch type LSD in mine.
Are you 100% certain on this? I have a lock on a slightly used torsen 09 6lug LSD that I want to swap into my open diff 5lug? Ring size and spline the same from dif to dif?
Old 10-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #64
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDuran View Post
Call up the ECGS they'll give you everything you need.
Werd